Discuss new van fiat fiorino in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

If you were to ask me to recommend a van of similar size I would not hesitate to recommend a Berlingo.
I know nothing of the Fiat but in my experience the Berlingo is an economical and reliable vehicle.

Last edited:
My mum had one 20 years ago and it was OK until I drove it off a steep bank!
The current ones would probably be a little small for electrical work but if you have taken account of this then I would say that they should be reasonably reliable. I have the doblo and the 1.3 multijet engine is not great for acceleration when fully loaded but fine for small journeys.

I have a 14 plate bipper which is basically the same as the fiorino, they and the nemo are all made by same factory. its not massive in the back but i do 90% house bashing, my ladders/platforms are fold up jobs so not much of an issue. i have a telescopic ladder for anything really high on houses that again folds down small.
Its ideal for me as i live in bath and parking is a nightmare with narrow streets etc.. it accelerates okay and does me okay.
i basically raised the floor up in the back by using plyboard and a frame, ladders go underneath with cable reels etc.. then i effectively have the new floor empty for bigger things and other racking.
If i hadnt locked the van away in a secure garage for weekend i would have sent you some pictures.
Paid just over 3k for it and has a full service history with no issues picked up on services. anything that ever needed doing had parts replaced by the fleet management firm.

I have a Nemo which is the Citroen equivalent. I personally think the van is too small. Can't get 6 tread steps in the back. Have to go on roof rack which is a pain in winter as they are very cold and wet when starting work at 7am. If I was you I'd spend a little bit more and get a berlingo/partner.

Reply to new van fiat fiorino in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net