Discuss Options for replacing this antique? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

SSE

-
Reaction score
Need to replace this 100mA RCD with a 30mA RCD, located a second hand 30mA RCD that were used on these boards but they ain't compatible! Was there ever a direct replacement rated 30mA? Picture below. Before my time these lot!

RCD.png

Reading the title of the post I thought it was about Telectrix ! :tongue: I suppose if you're stuck and there's enough space you could fit an external 30ma RCD in a 2 module enclosure ? Not ideal though.
Seeing as that board looks a bodge with a Wylex RCD and Proteus MCBs and a current rating of 60a a new CU is probably the best option.

Last edited:
I've not seen that kind of board before but I have replaced those type of RCDs before in the old wylex boards. A standard Rcd fits but you also need a wylex adaption kit which contains new wire links and half blank pieces as full ones won't fit in the space as the new RCDs are slightly smaller.

Not sure it will fit your board as I say I have only swapped them out in the old wylex split load boards. The ones that had the colour tabs on the breakers

Reading the title of the post I thought it was about Telectrix ! :tongue: I suppose if you're stuck and there's enough space you could fit an external 30ma RCD in a 2 module enclosure ? Not ideal though.
Seeing as that board looks a bodge with a Wylex RCD and Proteus MCBs and a current rating of 60a a new CU is probably the best option.

keeky chunt.

I've not seen that kind of board before but I have replaced those type of RCDs before in the old wylex boards. A standard Rcd fits but you also need a wylex adaption kit which contains new wire links and half blank pieces as full ones won't fit in the space as the new RCDs are slightly smaller.

Not sure it will fit your board as I say I have only swapped them out in the old wylex split load boards. The ones that had the colour tabs on the breakers

Yeah that's for a newer Wylex consumer unit by the looks off it, I'd hate to put an age on this thing!!

I pulled a 30mA RCD out yesterday that will fit that pile of junk!

i took it out this yesterday.

View attachment 31422

That's the RCD I tried to put in, the terminals don't line up with the buzz bar! Very frustrating. The new consumer unit is going to be the best option I think. I spoke to the couple briefly today & they told me the consumer unit has only been replaced in the last year or so! It is a holiday home that they frequent not too often, think they're either picking me up wrong or the last sparkie has pulled a fly one on them!

Reply to Options for replacing this antique? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net