Discuss Out of my depth in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

P

piz

Hello can anyone help me a little unsure and dont want to look stupid

I need to wire a combi boiler for a builder, I have a 15amp bs3036 fuse at the cu I have used this as the supply via a 3amp rcd fused spur to get l n e to the boiler(used to be imersion)
I have run a twin + earth to the room stat along with a 3 core + earth
all good so far.
then comes the connections they want the heating on a timer can I use a digital timer switch and break the live to the room stat via the timer switch and out of the other end this should then allow the combi boiler to heat the rads via the time switch and the hot water to work any time
Please help
Cheers

Generally the room stat on the combi boiler is wired from the link that is removable, inside the control area of the boiler,this is a 12 volt link
The time controllers are usually mounted at the boiler in a ready made position that requires just linking the existing wiring plug links, then taking a pair from the roomstat link connections to the room stat

If the time control is being mounted remote from the boiler,then I would feed live and neutral for that timer from the fused spur load side ,then using a no volt switched connection on the timer to switch a pair from the roomstat link, which is removable at the boiler
Be very careful not to apply 230 volt to these roomstat connections
Your method would seem to suggest that you are switching a 230 volt supply onto a 12 volt circuit

It really depends on the boiler how you wire the controls to it, you need to read the instruction manual that came with it. it normally explains all there.

Reply to Out of my depth in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net