Search for tools and product advice,

Discuss Passed!! in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

N

Nifty

Just wanted to say I got my results for the 2 written exams and tonight passed then both.....whoop whoop :D

Just one more, the 10 hour practical to go for this section and then I'll book the Regs and 2394/5

One question: Should I do both the 2394 and 2395 or just the 2395?

I can't advise on which exams you should take but congratulations on tonight's success.

well done mate, always good to get a pass ( having not enjoyed a fail )

i took my 2395 first, now going to do my 2394. my advice do 2395 first, then see if you need to do 2394 ask your tutor what he/she thinks.
i'm doing my 2394 due to not starting in the domestic trade so lack a bit of expierience.
you can download (google it) the city and guilds chief examiners report on 2394/2395 past exams. it has some real good advice in there if you read carefully. and read and understand guidence note 3. this is the only place they want the answers from, not what a mate thinks!!
Allister.

well done mate, always good to get a pass ( having not enjoyed a fail )

i took my 2395 first, now going to do my 2394. my advice do 2395 first, then see if you need to do 2394 ask your tutor what he/she thinks.
i'm doing my 2394 due to not starting in the domestic trade so lack a bit of expierience.
you can download (google it) the city and guilds chief examiners report on 2394/2395 past exams. it has some real good advice in there if you read carefully. and read and understand guidence note 3. this is the only place they want the answers from, not what a mate thinks!!
Allister.

Thanks everyone!, really pleased at the mo considering I had 2nd/3rd and 4th thoughts about not doing the 3rd year!

The way I've been explained to about the 2394/5 is:

You need 2394 to sign off your own work?
You need 2395 to sign off someone else's work (meaning I can test a d/b someone else has fitted?)

Getting advice of the tutors is hard work, I can understand why they don't want to commit and say yes you definitely need both but this don't help the students just passing exams now.

Thanks again

Thanks everyone!, really pleased at the mo considering I had 2nd/3rd and 4th thoughts about not doing the 3rd year!

The way I've been explained to about the 2394/5 is:

You need 2394 to sign off your own work?
You need 2395 to sign off someone else's work (meaning I can test a d/b someone else has fitted?)

Getting advice of the tutors is hard work, I can understand why they don't want to commit and say yes you definitely need both but this don't help the students just passing exams now.

Thanks again
Well done on the pass, all starts make the study worth while!
Onward and upward!

The 2394 is for initial verification of your work, covering the requirements for completing an electrical installation certificate.
The 2395 is for periodic inspections covering the requirements for completing an Electrical Installation Condition report (you cannot sign off other peoples work (unless part of a company or once there is a scheme in place))

like Richard burns said mate for the understanding of each.
the 10 hr practical sounds fun.......not!

the 2394 & 5 have a degree of practical 3-4hrs of testing on each. but it'll be worth it. my training body up here give money off for doing both 2394/5 with them (bout £300) so have a look round were you live for a similar deal you could be lucky?
as i said before, read the examiners report and have a good understanding of guidance note 3. i failed first time for using what my tutor "my own words, they want it as its written in the book" !!

Reply to Passed!! in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net