Discuss pat testing in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

fozzer

-
Reaction score
hi all new to the forum hope am posting in the right place if not let me know.
so i would like to become a pat tester and some people say to get the 2377 c&g and others say it doesnt really teach you the practical skills. anyway i would like to do the 2377 city and guilds exam can anyone recommend the best place to learn from i am from the liverpool area.

also how hard is the exam whats the pass rate and any books or resources i need to buy

thanks for taking the time to read my post.

thanks in advance

i would think again pat is ok as an add on to an electricians business but there is to many slap a sticker on for 50p firms out there to make a living at it. As for the exam if you can find things in a book it's a 5 minute no brainer exam.

As for the exam if you can find things in a book it's a 5 minute no brainer exam.

When I did a 2377 course a few years ago, it was a 2-day course including an online multiple-guess exam, and a practical of about 20 mins. While it should be easy, there were several "electricians" on the course who failed!

hi all new to the forum hope am posting in the right place if not let me know.
so i would like to become a pat tester and some people say to get the 2377 c&g and others say it doesnt really teach you the practical skills. anyway i would like to do the 2377 city and guilds exam can anyone recommend the best place to learn from i am from the liverpool area.

also how hard is the exam whats the pass rate and any books or resources i need to buy

thanks for taking the time to read my post.

thanks in advance

Good luck with your endeavors Fozzer, but to me PA Testing is like taking too many sleeping pills (mind numbing) still if that's your bag, good luck. The exam is a piece of you know what, but you don't need to be qualified, just competent.

Last edited:
Welcome aboard fozzer, as others have already said it is not the most interesting job in the world, but if it is what you've decided on then good luck in your venture.

Hey buddy i did the city and guilds pat testing course a month ago through plugtest! I thought they was good! The course was 2 days - with a practical exam and open book exam at the end of it. It also is accompanied with a really good easy to digest training manual! Plugtest also hold there courses at centres all over the uk check their site out pal

PAT Testing - Plugtest Ltd

:)

Reply to pat testing in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net