Discuss Physically writing into a pdf? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

HappyHippyDad

-
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
My customer has returned the pdf I sent him that needed filling in (as part of the OZEV grant). He has filled all the required boxes and signed but he has done this by hand, yet it is still a pdf, not scanned. In otherwords i can still add my bits (i.e fill and sign).

How has he done this as it would be very useful to do?

I will ask him if you guys don't know, but I thought I'd ask here first.

My guess would be some reasonably expensive PDF editing software that the customer has access to in their work / employment and or using a graphics tablet.

Assuming it's not just cut and pasted handwriting images.

Technology is a wonderful thing HHD. Let us know when you find out ?. There's probably an option to hand write into a PDF using a touch screen?

i need to know how to sign a pdf certificate without printing, signing hard copy, then scanning back into laptop. any clues?

Probably has a copy of Adobe Acrobat. I have a copy of version 8.0 which is no longer supported which allows me basic editing of PDFs without having to buy or register the software.

I’m away from computer but think Adobe Reader DC let’s you annotate and sign pdfs and then save them as a new pdf. It’s free

Ok, so basically he's clever and has clever software.
With regards computers that's never going to be me ?

It's a facility on the right tablet / pen screen and the right version of Acrobat.

I've used nitro pdf to do this, it's a PDF editor. Along with converting pdf files to word docs you can upload a signature file then stamp it over the pdf.

It's paid software but I believe you can grab a 15 day trial for free

Signable is the portal I use for editing pdfs. you can also do it with Adobe apps for phones/tablets,
If you are using an ipad and have the digital pencil then you can basically write on the document as if using a pen and it saves it. saves a lot of time.
Could be worth you giving ev-comply a go once doing lots of installs.
Costs me £20 per install but when doing a dozen or so installs a month it more than pays for itself in the time saved on paperwork.

Reply to Physically writing into a pdf? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net