Discuss Plc training in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

R

robbalaar86

Just out of interest has anyone done or know of any training of the plc nature close to Cambridgeshire?

I obviously want to start basic and I want to learn basic fault finding on plc's?

Cheers lads

Here you go:

Buy Logic Modules Logic Module LOGO! Starter Kit 230RCE Siemens 6ED1057-3BA02-0AA7 online from RS for next day delivery.

Buy PLC Training & Manuals LOGO! English Manual (EN) Siemens 6ED1050-1AA00-0BE8 online from RS for next day delivery.

Buy these and you'll be able to learn the basics in a day! If you've got a good working knowledge of relays/relay banks and their applications you'll find learning ladder logic a doddle. It'll take a fair while to get to a professional level in order to start applying for jobs as a programmer but something like a starter kit will give you so much more than paying some schmuk to teach you what you can learn yourself. Once you're up to speed there are plenty of free resources out there on the web that will help to take your knowledge to the next level.

There are plenty of members on here who are very up to speed on PLCs, Darkwood, Robotstar and Archy Styrigg are three that immediately spring to mind, I can also help up to an intermediate level.

Just one more thing though, don't for a second think that you'll be competent enough to start automating complex processes after a week with a PLC. Anyone can create the most fantastic of programmes relatively quickly after unboxing their new module, making those programmes safe however is where the real experience lies!

Any questions feel free to fire away :)

Last edited:
Always good to have that tangible element of having a PLC in your hand (figuratively speaking) and seeing your programme come to life though.

Reply to Plc training in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net