Test Meter - Forum Sponsors since 2007!
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members

Discuss RCD tripping out on plug circuit in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:  American Electrical Advice Forum

been living in this house for 8years after it was fully re-wired, today the kitchen plugs trip the RCD when any power is drawn (apart from the cooker CLOCK), all the appliances are fine, any socket that I use trips the RCD, any ideas

Pete999

-
Arms
Esteemed
been living in this house for 8years after it was fully re-wired, today the kitchen plugs trip the RCD when any power is drawn (apart from the cooker CLOCK), all the appliances are fine, any socket that I use trips the RCD, any ideas
Might be an idea to get some testing done Mate

buzzlightyear

-
Arms
Esteemed
I always tell my customer can you remember what was used last to pin it down ,might be a kettle .
is the kitchen on its own circuit .

littlespark

-
Arms
Esteemed
Advent Win
Unplug all appliances, not just turned off at the wall.
An rcd detects neutral to earth fault as well as live to earth.

Any dampness in the rooms?
Recent work done?
Signs of rodents?

telectrix

-
Mentor
Arms
Esteemed
can be a N-E fault, not necessarily on the circuit that seem to trip the RCD, soon as any sort of load is applied, boompf. some serious testing needs to be carried out,

Lucien Nunes

-
Mentor
Arms
Esteemed
Yup, sounds like N--E fault. Likely to be the kitchen circuit or an appliance plugged into it although not 100% guaranteed to be unless it has its own RCD. N-E faults that trip on load will be on a circuit protected by the RCD that trips, but not necessarily the circuit on which you are applying load to make it trip.

Reply to RCD tripping out on plug circuit in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

SuperlecDirect - ElectriciansForums.net Electrical Suppliers
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
Top Bottom