Discuss Recognised Door Entry Courses in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

D

DanBest88

Hi I'm new to the forum and apologise in advance for my ignorance if this question has been answered elsewhere.
Il give a quick bio of myself and my career so for.
Quals- 2391-20, 2391-10, 17th, 2377 PAT, 2372 Solar Pv, AM2, NVQ 2&3, 2351 and 2330 level 2 & 3.

I'm 25, served my time at my local council, maintaining and installing in all areas, houses, offices and all other council buildings. When out of my time I took some time out traveling. Came back and got in to the sustainable sector for a few years. Wanted a change so got into the maintenance sector.....
Currently got to the point were I am looking for something new and earn a little more £££
I'm wanting to gain some knowledge and qualifications in something new to me.. CCTV? Fire Alarms? Door Entry? PLC's? BMS?........
Having spent some hours scouring the net for recognised quals I can't seem to find any definite answers.... So I find myself here asking you kind people....
I think I'm wanting to start off with door entry systems, as its something I'm currently working with, and hopefully if I put it forward to my employers they my finance it.

Can any off you recommend and courses that future employers would recognise and that would also increase my knowledge.

I live in the north west but would be willing to travel.

Cheers

Dan

In England some company's give free training.... (Door access) fire alarms there is 8 modules but people say 4,5,8 is enough to give you good knowledge and get started . Think about £800 sure more to follow

Fire alarms the FIA will give you more info on training caurses....Intruder alarms SIA will help there, as to door access there is not really a standard body here...Paxton and other manufactures run their own caurses.

Reply to Recognised Door Entry Courses in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net