Discuss resistance test on shower in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

T

trev1962

hi there, getting back into things after a serious accident need to get my confidence back. have to do an inisulation test on a shower do i disconnect the shower as it has neon lights in it or do i just complete the test? the double pole switch also has a neon in it ok just to take the switch out of the circuit to complete the test? thanks for your help

You should dissconect the shower as its cuurent using equipment and will give inaccurate readings. You can also dissconect the neon in the switch, just take it out of the line term. Then you can carry out the IR test at the board. If its for a PIR you can leave the the shower and neon connected and turn on the switch (pull cord) and at the cu, connect the line & neutral together and test between them and earth. On your test sheet you will have to put it down as a LIM if you do it this way.

Hope this helps:)

Reply to resistance test on shower in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

I have just been called out to another burning shower switch.Upon removal the wires had been burnt and chared.One thing I've noticed on all burnt...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I hope you're all keeping well. I have a question regarding insulation resistance testing. Whether doing a single circuit IR test or...
Replies
Views
Hi All Happy new year to all! First post but long timer lurker, so thanks for all the previous help! Just wanted to clarify something I have...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Sort of an interesting one. I had a call from a client to say she is getting a shock when using the shower. I told her not to use it and...
Replies
Views
Hello, I'm not an electrician, more one of those 'competent DIYers', so probably the worst kind :) My electric shower broke, the shower firm came...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock