Discuss RIC routes into construction. in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

Why do you say it’s fraudulent, have any of you actually gone through with the course, completing the assignment and going to the practicals. I know they’re linked to a company called engineering real results and when I contacted them they confirmed RIC does use their centres for the city and guilds courses and they have a city and guilds certification
If we hadn't taken up their course would we be here today?

I’m currently studying the full electrician course with the added ev charger and solar installation module. I’ve had no issue with them so far, whenever I call I get an answer and any questions I’ve got are answered. They are very slow with the progress and marking the course but very few courses do a pay monthly option so I’m sticking with them for now

The website doesn't say where they are,
or exactly what courses they do, apart from the main subject,
or where they're Accredited fully equipped state of the art training centres with workshops and classroom facilities are in the country.
or anything about their Expert tutors with many years industry experience

Company Routes into Construction was only registered in Jan 2021 and has submitted 1 yrs accounts, so have hardly got a long established successful background.

I'd give then a miss. a very wide miss.

I will point out in defence of this company, that their website does provide the required address and contact telephone number omitted by many other companies. It's not prominently displayed, but can be found through the terms & conditions link at bottom of page.

This isn't any sort of endorsement, as I know nothing about the company, and agree that much detail is absent regarding the exact qualifications achieved through courses offered. I assume this is provided once their contact form is completed, but I'd much rather glean this information from a website, than have to provide details through which a company will get back to me.

Why do you say it’s fraudulent, have any of you actually gone through with the course, completing the assignment and going to the practicals. I know they’re linked to a company called engineering real results and when I contacted them they confirmed RIC does use their centres for the city and guilds courses and they have a city and guilds certification
I have gone through the course material but I didn't find it that helpful because I found it didn't follow in order that is to say in order of the course book provided, it seemed the lessons were recorded for a current class already progressing through a course but couldn't attend because of lockdowns. I tried the VR section and found it unusable. no contact from anyone regarding my decision to cancel and now I have reached the apparent 3-month cool down period only to be told I haven't qualified for cancelation and owe over 2k.

I have gone through the course material but I didn't find it that helpful because I found it didn't follow in order that is to say in order of the course book provided, it seemed the lessons were recorded for a current class already progressing through a course but couldn't attend because of lockdowns. I tried the VR section and found it unusable. no contact from anyone regarding my decision to cancel and now I have reached the apparent 3-month cool down period only to be told I haven't qualified for cancelation and owe over 2k.

Both companies don't even own a office other than an industrial park used by yodel as there warehouse. I think I'll stick to Access Training as I've met both my tutors face to face on registration which pretty much gives me a peace of mind and are also there to help when in need.
I’m currently studying the full electrician course with the added ev charger and solar installation module. I’ve had no issue with them so far, whenever I call I get an answer and any questions I’ve got are answered. They are very slow with the progress and marking the course but very few courses do a pay monthly option so I’m sticking with them for now

I too have signed up. I think they are new and unproven, but that doesn't make them a scam. I will feel better when I actually attend a practical though. All the home learning feels a bit ...off. Please keep us informed of your progress. Have you attended a practical session yet?

I too have signed up. I think they are new and unproven, but that doesn't make them a scam. I will feel better when I actually attend a practical though. All the home learning feels a bit ...off. Please keep us informed of your progress. Have you attended a practical session yet?
Hi, I’ve managed to get booked into a practical for march 11th, they are always fully booked so it ends up been a while to get booked into one. It’s not a scam as the centres they’re registered with are official city and guilds certified centres and have confirmed with the centres they are linked to ric. I’ll be honest, they’re not great if you have other options I would go with them, but if like me you needed a pay monthly plan that’s affordable you gotta do what you gotta do. Good luck,
A

Good day

I’m doing an electrical course online with RIC ( routes into construction) I just want a little insight information about them whether they are legit or not. There’s some red flags such as; no reviews about them, their social media either has 20 following or they have one at all. If you had heard had an experience with them please let me know.
Complete scam... Fraudulent company if I were you I'd report to Action fraud... I've been involved in a scam with them and investigations are being carried out.

Complete scam... Fraudulent company if I were you I'd report to Action fraud... I've been involved in a scam with them and investigations are being carried out.
When you say you’ve been involved in a scam with them can you elaborate, did you go through the progress with the course or go to any of their practicals?

When you say you’ve been involved in a scam with them can you elaborate, did you go through the progress with the course or go to any of their practicals?

All you have to do is do the digging. Currently in talks with action fraud and the investigations are all being done. Companies House gives you all the insight you need, changes in company names in the past and another dormant company. Both owned by a 29 year old lad, company has no assets at all etc been in talks with 4 other people who have also been scammed by them also. Had 2 payments off me while I had everything investigated now cancelled it.

All you have to do is do the digging. Currently in talks with action fraud and the investigations are all being done. Companies House gives you all the insight you need, changes in company names in the past and another dormant company. Both owned by a 29 year old lad, company has no assets at all etc been in talks with 4 other people who have also been scammed by them also. Had 2 payments off me while I had everything investigated now cancelled it.
Interesting, I’ve made nearly 12 monthly payments now and have been progressing through the course, I know they’re linked to another company that hosts the practicals and the city and guilds tests, I’ve got my first practical due next month so if I go there I should be able to tell something is off.

Interesting, I’ve made nearly 12 monthly payments now and have been progressing through the course, I know they’re linked to another company that hosts the practicals and the city and guilds tests, I’ve got my first practical due next month so if I go there I should be able to tell something is off.
12 months before your first practical? I thought it would be sooner

12 months before your first practical? I thought it would be sooner
Think it depends on the learner I am also with RIC, I actually signed up with The Trades College back in August 21. Due to personal Circumstances I'm massively behind.
Currently trying to pass the stupid Pre centre test in health and safety.
I did loads of digging last night, the email I got from the guy who signed me up is actually from an American Company (I searched his email domain)
Aparently my closest trades college is in Southampton for my practical, so I am going to give them a call and see if they have Any dealings with RIC. So far they have been very helpful. And even sent me disk copies of all the books so I can have the pc read the book too me whilst reading. So until I read this forum I didn't suspect any scam although I'm pretty anxious now lol.

Think it depends on the learner I am also with RIC, I actually signed up with The Trades College back in August 21. Due to personal Circumstances I'm massively behind.
Currently trying to pass the stupid Pre centre test in health and safety.
I did loads of digging last night, the email I got from the guy who signed me up is actually from an American Company (I searched his email domain)
Aparently my closest trades college is in Southampton for my practical, so I am going to give them a call and see if they have Any dealings with RIC. So far they have been very helpful. And even sent me disk copies of all the books so I can have the pc read the book too me whilst reading. So until I read this forum I didn't suspect any scam although I'm pretty anxious now lol.
Yeah that pre centre test is a b**** lol. I failed it 4 times, I don’t think it’s passable, they ended up sending me a written one by post and I passed that fine

so to anyone still wondering,
had my first practical last week. It’s legit however it’s a terrible company and course. If there were any other options I wouldn’t have gone with them. They purposefully delay the course as long as possible to get as much money out of you as possible as if you don’t finish it in 3 years you get charged an additional £400 odd quid, so they do everything to make you take as long as possible. That includes taking months to book you into a single practical and taking weeks to mark each TMA.
The course itself is legit and the people at the centre are great and helpful and will get you your qualifications however routes into construction themselves and the companies they’re linked with are terrible

so to anyone still wondering,
had my first practical last week. It’s legit however it’s a terrible company and course. If there were any other options I wouldn’t have gone with them. They purposefully delay the course as long as possible to get as much money out of you as possible as if you don’t finish it in 3 years you get charged an additional £400 odd quid, so they do everything to make you take as long as possible. That includes taking months to book you into a single practical and taking weeks to mark each TMA.
The course itself is legit and the people at the centre are great and helpful and will get you your qualifications however routes into construction themselves and the companies they’re linked with are terrible
Yeah, it seems that way, I wanted to cancel because things didn't work out as I planned, and it didn't leave me with much time at all to study and for a long time money was tight. I found the course really bad and them themselves even worse. talking to them on the phone about canceling anyone would have thought id broke the law. I finally got it canceled now and just paying the 3 extra months' cooldown period whatever the hell that is if nothing else just another way to rinse as much money out of us as possible. just wish I would have done a bit more research and looked about before I chose these guys.

Judging from reviews online, routes into construction and the trade college and others like them ate borderline scams trying to steal money from those trying to build a career. Sound like someone to avoid.

Hey everyone.

As a collective we need to make other people aware of the experiences that we have faced when dealing with this company. I have set up a trustpilot page and would recommend that we leave our honest experiences with this company to try and protect other people. We all want to be involved in the electrotechnical industry and there poor excuse for a company will only disenfranchise people who are genuinely interested. So we need to encourage them to do the research and to protect themselves.

Reply to RIC routes into construction. in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net