Discuss Rolec EV Charger in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

ChrisElectrical88

-
Mentor
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Afternoon,

I have heard off my supplier, the training course I did my 2919 and a few trusted mate that Rolec now do a charger with a PEN fault detector built in. Although my supplier is now struggling with the part number.
Anyone fitted on yet? Is this like the Unicorn device of old ?. Not overly fussed just trying to offer a decent alternative to the Zappi and hate the MattE units.

Ask rolec, i have one at home.

They are awful at times, they change the design, so you get a 2026 for example, then a few months later you buy another one, and it is totally different internally!

So depending upon the age of the unit, the same item number could mean many versions!

Have you looked at the PodPoint solo? About 10% cheaper than Rolec and nice and easy to install.
I have yeah, they look ok but I’m not sure pod point are available with OLEV?
I’m managing to get the Zappi Tethered for £510+ VAT so it’s a no brainier to fit these for my bread and butter jobs to be honest. When we get the OLEV accreditation hopefully next week we should be able to knock the Zappi out at £500 all fitted plus VAT cost to client.
It’s just everyone seems to look at the Rolex’s and want them before contacting me, so I would like their go to charger with PEN fault detection as we fit the MattEs with them currently, but they are starting to grate on me.

I have yeah, they look ok but I’m not sure pod point are available with OLEV?
I’m managing to get the Zappi Tethered for £510+ VAT so it’s a no brainier to fit these for my bread and butter jobs to be honest. When we get the OLEV accreditation hopefully next week we should be able to knock the Zappi out at £500 all fitted plus VAT cost to client.
It’s just everyone seems to look at the Rolex’s and want them before contacting me, so I would like their go to charger with PEN fault detection as we fit the MattEs with them currently, but they are starting to grate on me.
PodPoint are olev eligible . I fitted 4 in September under the grant scheme.

So for Pod Point, if you do the in-house training course can you then simple buy the units and install them yourself, claiming the OLEV grant as normal ? Or do you become an 'approved installer' and have to work via Pod Point, getting paid by them ?

Reply to Rolec EV Charger in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net