Discuss Schedule of Test.... are any mandatory? in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

Eh? It doesn't matter how old the building is. If you are doing an actual job then you will be issuing a cert with a schedule of tests, which must be done or else how can you issue it? As for an EICR on such an installation, well I personally test 100% of circuits, again I couldn't fill out the EICR without doing so!
Totally agree 100%, however that said sometimes the installation will be a problem and Lims may have to be considered, but yep agree agree fella

Eh? It doesn't matter how old the building is. If you are doing an actual job then you will be issuing a cert with a schedule of tests, which must be done or else how can you issue it? As for an EICR on such an installation, well I personally test 100% of circuits, again I couldn't fill out the EICR without doing so!

But where does it say this is the minimum that YOU WILL do? All I've found is recommended !
So it does tie up under an agreement with the client as you complete the EICR.

I just thought that Testing would have a minimum number of tests 'written-in-stone' that YOU WILL do.

I've always done the Testing to the Schedule printed in the BGB and I supposed I realy just followed blindly

Kingeri I agree as has been said start assuming all tests will be done on all circuits,

however....sometimes this isn't possible. Especially in a commercial situation, as i am sure you are aware! Sometimes the agreement is just live tests as powering down just isn't possible. Like in a 24/7 truck company office for example.

All down to whats agreed and you are being paid to do.

I agree with kingeri , if you carry out all the tests as required you can sleep at night , miss them and something goes wrong , prime example young mother electrocuted in her airing cupboard, the electrical company failed to carry out the required testing , and have now been charged with unlawful killing think that answers the question

On a new build, ALL relevant testing of the installation should be conducted. On existing installations some of the dead testing can be omitted where it is unreasonable to power down. It is then totally down to the person conducting the inspection and testing of the installation what limitations he is prepared to forego. All such limitations normally being agreed, before any IT work being started...

Reply to Schedule of Test.... are any mandatory? in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net