Discuss Sharp nu245/schuco/shletter in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

I

ingy11x

SOLAR P.V QUESTION! Im a Sales Rep for a Large national electrical wholesaler based in the North West. We are a stockist of the new SHARP NU245 amongst various other panels..... We are only currently stocking the schuco mounting range and associated clips etc...... I have today been told by a customer that SHARP only recommend using SCHLETTER mid/end clips. Can anybody shed any light on this??? Do i need to place a stock order on SCHLETTER mounting products as they go hand in hand with the SHARP and the industry recognises this??????? P.S i am new to this market so am learning everyday. Thanks.​

I believe this is a Schucco issue rather than a Sharp issue and relates to the panel clips only. Schletter is recommended for the Sharp NU245 but from a supplier rather than Sharp directly.

We personally dont want to have to use two different mounting systems so opt to use a panel clip as close matching to the panel as we can. It pulls down tight just the same as any other we use but the clip doesn't site flat to the top face of the frame due to a small return on the clip. Nothing major but I can see why it could cause concern.

Last edited:
One of the things to note about Sharp (and may be others) is that you can only put clamps on the side frames, if you clamp the end frames (in the old modules, it may be different with the new ones) the you invalidate the warranty.

Click-Fit clamps fit just fine. Sharp don't specify a mounting system, they do specify the mounting method - open one up and read the installation leaftlet.

I spoke to schueco TECH today and they have said that the Germans were working closely with SHARP to manufacture a clip specific to this panel..... They are blaming SHARP for not giving them a heads up on the new panel!!

Reply to Sharp nu245/schuco/shletter in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net