Discuss Some old interesting stuff! in the Electricians' Talk | All Countries area at ElectriciansForums.net

johnboy6083

-
Esteemed
Reaction score
IMG_0435.jpgIMG_0439.jpgIMG_0440.jpgIMG_0437.jpgIMG_0444.jpgIMG_0441.jpgIMG_0443.jpgIMG_0438.jpg
IMG_0436.jpgIMG_0442.jpg

Heres some of the old gear that i get to see, and sometimes i have to rip it out and replace.
Solid, dependable and ugly, but its craftsmanship at its best!

the one with the red bricks and tiles is an old pumping station/treatment works situated in a valley in east sussex. all of the brickwork and tiles are original from the 1850's. Its still running, and theyve just added new buildings. there is still the old plans from when it was built, but they are covered with a PVC cover, and i couldnt take a photo through it.
I do enjoy wandering through these places and being nosey.

Hehe, the old Morris crane, our shift team used one of them to change an 800HP motor. We were knackered by the end of the shift.

The gear looks to be from the 60’s with EE switch fuse units. Nice to see the stuff though.

Reply to Some old interesting stuff! in the Electricians' Talk | All Countries area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

So, I was messing around yesterday with some old testers I have laying around to see if they still work I found my dads old Robin MFT and noticed...
Replies
Views
where do i start , a customer asks me to have a look at thier old swann cctv system which was left by the prev owners . some cameras are not...
Replies
Views
Was having a poke around the old man's house today. Anyway. DB is under stairs (18th ed following a recent extension. Not done by me but it's...
Replies
Views
Hi All. Hoping for some advice please. I've severe arthritis in the hands (all three :flushed:) A large dollop of osteoarthritis but I'm also...
Replies
Views
A few years ago i fitted some plain warm white LED tape, inside an alu profile around a customers bedroom. Sourced from YESSS at the time...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock