Discuss Spot lights gu 10 240v in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Grayson

DIY
Reaction score
I have 9 spot lights in kitchen gu10 running 240v and 4 have stopped working. I have gone in the loft and they seem to be in two loops one with 5 on and one with 4 on both comming from junction box as pictured. There are 2 wires comming in to the box as pictured. Only the 5 one has power but the wires go under the loft floor so my question before I take floor up is, do both these wires go to another box or to the switch ? Plus other question i am changing them all to led 4.5 w so can can I put them all on one. Why would they put them on 2 separate ones anyway. Cheers

Attachments

• 20220516_165115.jpg
    165.2 KB · Views: 9
  • 20220516_165042.jpg
    129.6 KB · Views: 9
  • 20220516_164927.jpg
    499.1 KB · Views: 9
Both cables are 'switch' marked so I guess that tells you. Straight from the switches.....who knows?
Isolate and check for a switch fault, for starters.
Where's this box as mentioned?

Interesting design.
The 4-5 split may be that way to still give light if one circuit trips ( if they are on different circuits of course)
If same circuit, then it’s just been a design feature.

Have you checked behind the switch for a loose cable? You could also drop the fittings from the ceiling to check them, but watch your fingers for the springs!

Both cables are 'switch' marked so I guess that tells you. Straight from the switches.....who knows?
Isolate and check for a switch fault, for starters.
Where's this box as mentioned?
In the loft in-between all the lights, could it be a loose wire in the switch ?

Interesting design.
The 4-5 split may be that way to still give light if one circuit trips ( if they are on different circuits of course)

Have you checked behind the switch for a loose cable? You could also drop

Interesting design.

Have you checked behind the switch for a loose cable? You could also drop the fittings from the ceiling to check them, but watch your fingers for the springs!
Will check behind switch, could I put them all on one and just put a Wago box on the 4 switch wire ?

Last edited by a moderator:

Reply to Spot lights gu 10 240v in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net