Discuss Starting off as a Domestic Electrical Installer in North London in the The Welcome Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

P

PeteJB

Hello fellow Electricians, Experienced members and new members like me.
I've passed the essential electrical C&G exams, 17th edition Requirements for Electrical Installations (but not the latest amendments though) and Part P exam. I have carried out small jobs for myself, family and friends in the past and I am planning to carry out work professionally within North and Central London.
I like what I have read so far on Electricians Forums and I certainly intend to make use of this valuable resource so that don't end up guessing (wrong!) the most professional way to tackle electrical installation jobs. I look forward to contributing to interesting threads.
I plan to be registered through NIC or NAPIT. Any comments on the best body for someone starting out like me would be appreciated. Thanks in advance for any comments.
Cheers PeteJB

Hello and welcome Pete
Nic,Napit and dont forget Elecsa,they are a growing choice of many sparks

I usually see no difference in any of them,but for a new entrant who may want advise,the Niceic would not be congratulated on their assistance to their members, by what I read on here

Hi, welcome to the forum. I've had dealings with all registration bodies, bar Corgi, at one time or another. ECA/ELECSA are the best in my opinion, if their helpline can't give you a definitive answer to your question, they don't leave you hanging, they send the local assessor to your site to solve your problem. They genuinely seem to care about their members and businesses, where as in my experience the others couldn't care less ... it's kerching and bye! Don't call us 'cause we won't be calling you till the annual subs are due.

Last edited by a moderator:
A big thank you to all of you who replied to my New Member forum thread.. I wasn't aware of Elecsa so I will look at their website and see what they have to offer.
Thanks again. Pete

Hi & welcome.:)

Reply to Starting off as a Domestic Electrical Installer in North London in the The Welcome Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net