Discuss Subcontractor advice needed in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Hi all, I have started working as a subcontractor for agencies. My question is: at the moment I am working woth Jark. This is my seccond week with them. Now I got an offer from another agency for another work which is better paid. Should I take it or should I be loyal to Jark? I mean will I get banned or somethibg if I leave this soon? Thanks!

If you leave them in the mire then there is a good chance that you will not be on their Christmas Card list, but i'm sure if you gave them a weeks notice and say why, they will accept this. I always felt it is best to leave anywhere on good terms, as you never know when you may need to go back across that bridge.

if my experience is anything to go by, stick where you are. i had a job with an agency some years ago and was offerred a better paid, closer to home job by anotheragency. . must be prepared to start tomorrow. went for interview, job promised to me. then turned out they wanted a joiner/plumber/spark/odd job man. and the job started 3 months later. agencies are bigger liars than lawyers and bankers.

ive jumped about a bit with agencies mate, but im always honest. at the end of the day the loyalty isnt always reciprocated. i have worked for the same agency for about a year now, and they have looked after me, and put me onto new jobs, when one has ended.
at the end of the day loyalty isnt goin to pay your bills, but neither is burning your bridges, and annoying recuiters.

I done work a while back for Jark never again to start with seemed good offered work but after month dropped us for no reason with out payment after 4 months phoned to offer more work as the just got big contract which never happened, only way got paid is cos i know the owner of jark ,google him for interesting reading, yes company has over 100 million turnover but dont mean you will get paid

Last edited by a moderator:

Reply to Subcontractor advice needed in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net