Discuss Sunny Manager in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
I have 10 Sunny home Managers on there way from Germany

I going to give one a trail run a my house see how good there are.

The Sunny Home Manager increases your lucrativeselfconsumption
of solar energy, but it does much more than
that. It provides you with intelligent energy management
in your household.
Its use of weather forecasts to predict solar powergeneration
is unparalleled.
The Sunny Home Manager can control any standard, offthe-
shelf household appliance via Bluetooth® radio-controlled
sockets.
You can access and operate your Sunny Home Manager
easily via your web browser – using your smartphone or
PC, from home or on the road.
free standard access to the Sunny Portal

See SMA website for details

Sounds like a great idea that will be difficult to implement in reality.

Eg. my dishwasher and washing machine and tumble require user input to start (you cant just power them up and off they go)

I have no hot water tank (combi boiler).

So it will be interesting to see what it could offer.

Potentially interested, but likewise, I'm not entirely sure how these would work in practice. Things such as washing machines etc. need manual input of the cycle (ironically due to these being computer controlled, whereas the old mechanical clockwork washing machines could have been set to run a cycle when switched on); tv recording devices etc. clearly need to switch on/come out of standby at certain times regardless of electricity input; cookers, lights etc. need to come on as required. I suppose phone/ipad/laptop chargers could be automated but most of the time you want to do the charging at night so you can use them during the day.

And finally it depends on the price - there were suggestions of these being over 1000 in some threads last year!

Reply to Sunny Manager in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net