Discuss Tool Belt's in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

A

AP Electrical

What does everyone do for carrying there screwdrivers, I have mine in elastic straps inside my tool box- which is great on tidy up days, but crappy rest of time as they all fall out and I can never see ends so always pick wrong one up - which is starting to get old!!!!!!!!, I'm considering getting a tool case (looks like an estate agents attach case - unzip and both sides open up to reveal nce and tidy drivers) and a tool pouch/belt for when I'm hard at it, any thought's experiences?.

I've tried using a tool belt and to be honest for the work I do they cause more of a hindrance than anything else unless working from a ladder.

I have found that I am able to use a small open tote tool box (similar to this) which I am able to keep organised so that I can pick out the correct driver and see if there are any tools missing. There is also enough room to squeeze in my on-site guide, and reg's book.

I've a bigger tote which ends up a right mess, half my problem is all my drivers look the same on top so when I pick them out it's always the wrong one - I must look like a bloody bingo caller constantly rumaging in my bag a pulling stuff out...

Found (this) looks like it would do the job, space for a few books as well maybe, at least could keep my
testing kit seperate.
Got one of these for my 'nice' tool kit I keep at home, very good to keep organised, most tools fit in the two side pockets, keeping the middle free for regs or a tester, BUT, it is heavy, and the Technicians Tool Case Plus feels like it's already loaded with tools when it's empty!

i got a wee "Bum bag" thing from RS i think its Plano Big enough for selectrion of drivers pliers snips testlamps but not big enough for all the crud you throw in tool bag/box at end of day

Got one of these for my 'nice' tool kit I keep at home, very good to keep organised, most tools fit in the two side pockets, keeping the middle free for regs or a tester, BUT, it is heavy, and the Technicians Tool Case Plus feels like it's already loaded with tools when it's empty!

Not exactly user friendly then?;)

For a 6 day re-wire you'd probably have to allow an extra day for all the zipping and unzipping of the compartments:leaving:

I only really use 3 drivers - terminal, medium pozi and large philips. I have a plastic Stanley toolbox and keep them in the top tote; when I'm working they go in my right leg pocket for easy retrieval.

If I took all the useless stuff and things I rarely use out of my tool kit, I'd probaly manage with a sandwich box.

Thats the secret, I have an IRWIN tool tote thats quite small, just cleared out all the crap I don't really use, which goes in a large Stanley tool box in the van, and it's suprising how light the tool tote is now, but has enough tools for me to complete 95% of jobs.

I found the best way to slimline your tools is to empty the tool box totally and stick all the stuff in the van.

When you go to a job, domestic for example, go get the tools that you only want to use, then put them in yer tool box. After half a dozen jobs, the toolbox has only the tools i use 99% of the time and the rest are in the van incase i ever need them. Toolbox is now a lot lighter than before!

ive got a harness type toolbelt i bought in america .AWP i think it was branded
cost about 30 quid.
takes the strain of the waist a bit
but its that big i struggle to get through doors
95% of jobs can be completed with it while the rest is in the van.
gives the impression u know what your doing though!

Reply to Tool Belt's in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net