Discuss What Course instead of 2391 in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

H

Happyharry

Hi All

Last year I completed my C&G Level 3 and have been working as an electricians mate gaining excellent practical experience.

I have learnt that 2391 has been replaced by 2394 & 2395? Does anybody know the difference as I am getting conflicting advice.

I want to become a fully qualified electrician and simply trying to find out what course(s) I need to complete now that I'm getting hands on training.

Thanks

2394 is for initial verification and test. 2395 is for EICRs. think that's right. you would do both to be equivalent to the old 2391.

2394 is for initial verification and test. 2395 is for EICRs. think that's right. you would do both to be equivalent to the old 2391.

Tel has just about nailed it. But i will expand a bit for you.

The 2395 is seen as the direct replacement for the 2391. 2394 is just for new works, additions and alterations to existing installs.

But 2391 did touch on both subjects, and having 2394 and 5 would be to your advantage, and you should have no problems finding a training provider that does both courses as one.

The 2394 has 4 practical assessments, 1 written exam and 1 online multi guess exam. The multi guess counts towards both the 2394 and 5, so you only do it once.

The 2395 has 2 practical assessments, 1 written exam, and the same online as the 2394.

Some people say it has made it easier than the 2391. WRONG, i have 2391, and teach 2394/5, and for my sins i have had to upgrade to holding the 2394 and 2395. I sat last weeks exams, the 2394 i did in 36 minutes without problems. The 2395 was a different beast, there were 2 questions in it, that i couldn't even work out what they were asking, so i wrote a load of crap, hopefully it was relevant crap, and in the end i took the full 90 minutes to get through it. In comparison, i have not yet seen a 2391 paper that causes me any major concerns, and i have seen a lot of them, but i have now seen 3 2395 papers, and they are not at all pleasant.

Cheers…………Howard

Interesting to hear that Howard, and i don't doubt you for one second - your the forums educational buff... :)

That ****es on what most, including myself have thought about the new 2394/2395 setup.

I sat last weeks exams, the 2394 i did in 36 minutes without problems. The 2395 was a different beast, there were 2 questions in it, that i couldn't even work out what they were asking, so i wrote a load of crap, hopefully it was relevant crap, and in the end i took the full 90 minutes to get through it.
Cheers…………Howard

i had the same problem 2 questions asked (3 marks each), second part of the exam it was, they seriously did not base them on bs7671 or GN3. I did wright what i thought really and one of them left it blank.

2395, its not easy at all believe me

The 2395 was a different beast, there were 2 questions in it, that i couldn't even work out what they were asking .....

Any chance of a quick summize what those questions were?

Im a non-believer in the 2395 being harder than 2391 so would be intrigued as to what the questions could be ...... my simple mind tells me the physics of electricity hasnt changed and the process of insp/test hasnt altered. But I need to see/read with my own eyes to convince myself one way or the other!

Thanxs in advance ........

Any chance of a quick summize what those questions were?

Im a non-believer in the 2395 being harder than 2391 so would be intrigued as to what the questions could be ...... my simple mind tells me the physics of electricity hasnt changed and the process of insp/test hasnt altered. But I need to see/read with my own eyes to convince myself one way or the other!

Thanxs in advance ........

I will put them on when i retrieve the paper. You are bang right that the physics hasn't changed, and electric is still the same now as it always was. It is C&G that have made things more difficult by throwing things in that are not in GN3 about such things as BS7671 Special locations. The questions are more specific to either Periodic or Initial, so you need to think more before answering. And they go large on how you decide on sampling sizes and what influences your decisions about them. The banker questions "a la 2391" are still there, but they go large on Health and safety and legislation etc. The failure rate is horrendous about 75% on the 2395 overall, and it has had enough impact that C&G have increased the exam time from 90 minutes to 120 minutes from August this year, they have also done the same for the 2394, but i think this is to make life easier for the centre that deliver it.

Cheers……………Howard

But it can't be Howard!?! Naaaa, the 2395 is much easier than the 2391! The 2395 is crap blah blah blah! Education standards dropping blah blah blah! lol

Oh if only Eng was reading this page! :D

Reply to What Course instead of 2391 in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net