Discuss What next after I've done my 2330 lv3 in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

After completing the 2330 you need to complete an on site nvq 3 portfolio, this can take a while as i think there are still two stages of eight units which you have to do twice on enrelated jobs ideally on different aspects of electrical installation ie stage 1 domestic stage 2 commercial if possible. So you need to be working on electrical installations under supervision of course.

Next when youve finished or almost finished the nvq3 you have to do an am2 which is an assessment of competancy exam which is spread over three days which includes an install, testing, fault rectification and diagnosis and after passing that your done

Do this and you will be a qualified electrician not just a domestic spark.

Last edited by a moderator:
if i were you mate, (and i was in the same situation a few years ago), pay the money and get your NVQ 3. Also get your 17th, and do the 2391, whilst the information is fresh inside your head. Dont confine yourself to any one area of electrical installation. When times are hard, and you find yourself out of work, its good to be ablt to take anything til something you prefer comes up. I find myself shopfitting or house bashing when im out of decent industrial jobs. its best to keep your hand in at everything, so you can maximise your employability.

what the difference between the testing I do on 2330 and 2391? I would do the nvq but the trouble is getting the employment which entitles you to doing the nvq.

Also the Nvq doesn't exist any more. It's been replaced by something else.

Last edited by a moderator:
what the difference between the testing I do on 2330 and 2391? I would do the nvq but the trouble is getting the employment which entitles you to doing the nvq.

Also the Nvq doesn't exist any more. It's been replaced by something else.

the 2330 is an installation qualification to become a basic spark ( along with othe quals needed). The 2391 is the testing qual that you need to test or 2390 and maybe other variations.

I know its hard to get an apprenticeship or training these days but whatever the nvq mightve changed to it will be the same thing an on site assessment. Basically you have to learn by doing, learning off more experienced people you cant just get a qual and start wiring houses it doesnt work like that you cant learn everything from books, do what i did open the yellow pages and just ring every firm in there took me 2 years to get a start but it paid off good luck mate

Reply to What next after I've done my 2330 lv3 in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net