CK Tools :) The professionals choice when it comes to Electrical Tools
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members
Advertisement - Content continues below

Discuss Where to start? :) in the Electrical Courses and Electrical NVQ's area at ElectriciansForums.net

Z

Zilian

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:  American Electrical Advice Forum

Hello guys and girls.
My first time on here, and it wont be my last :)

I have a few questions, and was hoping someone out there might be able to advise.

I plan on leaving my current job and train to be a electrician via a short course.(lot of money :( )

The thing is i am moving over to Norway and was wondering if any of you ppl know what i will need to do once im over there... is there any exams i need to take? that sort of thing. I have tried various contacts over there and well... they dont have much of a idea just like me.

Has anyone worked in Norway? going to? please help.

Also, i have 6 months yet before i take the crash course and would love to get a early start on the theroy side of it... can anyone reccomend any reading material?

Again thanks all for reading and helping

:)

uHeat Banner - Forum Discount Available
T

TonyM58

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Zillian

worked for 3 weeks in Norway back in the mid eighties. Nothing to offer you on that front i'm afraid

i teach domestic installers at a private training company. I give them the NICEIC Domestic Electricall Installers Guide, its a pretty good reference.

who you doing your training with?

Z

Zilian

I will check that out, Im still unsure who to do my training with... At the min im looking at New Career skills.

I just need to get qualified enough to then start working, what is it i actually need to be a qualified Electrician? ofc i realise there are many levels and many different types...

But for now if i wanted to work around houses and small business?
Do i need the NVQ Level 3 or equivalent ?

and do i have to work in the field for some months to get the highest qual?

oh dear so many questions.. sorry :)

T

TonyM58

If you just want to be domestic, then i would do:

EAL Domestic Electrical installer VRQ
C&G2382 17th edition regs
C&G2392 fundamental certificate in inspection and testing
C&G 2391 Inspection & Testing

if you want go commercial/industrial, then you could probably do with the 2330, but thats a few years in college

we do all of the above, with a 3 day 'introduction to electricity' course. Its run over 4 weeks at £4795

Electrical2Go - Online Electrical Supplier

Reply to Where to start? :) in the Electrical Courses and Electrical NVQ's area at ElectriciansForums.net

Aico Carbon Monoxide Detectors
Top Bottom