Discuss Worried re FIT payments and Scottish Power in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Hi

I have in the last few weeks (19th June) had a 3.99KW system installed and have been
waiting for paper work to come through via the Company that did the job.

I decided to do a bit of browsing as so far the system has put out about 250KW.
Thinking that I would be getting a reasonable back dated cheque I have alarmingly
spotted the following on my electricity providers website ie Scottish Power

[h=2]Your Question[/h] [h=3]My MCS installer has fitted an export meter. Can I be paid export units recorded on this for the Feed in Tariff (FIT)?[/h]
No. ScottishPower will only pay an export rate where we have installed the meter and will only do so when the generation capacity is 30kw or greater.

I would be interested in any comments on this from the forum as at the moment it clearly states I will get nothing until
I ask them to come and install another export meter WTF???? is all this about!

Thanks in advance

Chris

Last edited:
Hi chris,Don't worry, an export meter is not the same as the generation meter, you will be paid of the generation meter, in other words you should get the 250 units. An export meter is something the utility company will install if you wanted metered export.

Thanks for the reply.

Yes I have probably been a bit hasty as a bit more digging on the internet allayed my fears.

I guess Scottish Power are referring to much bigger installations but they should be much more
explicit in the information they provide and state what they really mean ie not applicable to domestic retrofits
of 4kw or less.................please send us your MCS certificate....none of this is stated.

Perhaps they are trying to scare folk to approach them first?

Last edited:
For the last 2 years scottish power have made it as hard as possible for me to claim my fit payments . last years payment took 4 months and upto now this latest payment still hasn’t been paid . i sent in my readings end of november 2023 and they have repeatedly kicked the can down the road . i have rang and complained several times and have even sat in waiting for calls they had booked with me and still nothing . no calls. no messages nothing . this is absolutely disgusting behaviour by a so called company . i’m on mtge verge of changing not only my fit payments but also my gas and electric supplier
Does anyone have any ideas

Change your supplier. Scottish Power is by far the most incompetent company I have ever dealt with.
If I were to state my true opinion of them, I would probably be banned from this site.

Reply to Worried re FIT payments and Scottish Power in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net