Discuss Will replacement panels of same total capacity jeopardise FiT payments in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Hi all, as per the above title. If one is to replace the existing solar pv panels for a new system of equal capacity (existing system is 8 x 250w=2000w total) with 5 x 400w=2000w in total, will that risk jeopardising FiT payments. By doing that it would give enough room to add 4 more panels of 400w but not connected via FiT meter. Obviously 2 separate inverters would be in use (the existing 2kW inverter currently in use) and new smaller inverter installed to its side.

So, the total generation capacity to the household would be 3600w. In your opinion is it worth it doing this?

And also would there be a possibility of connecting a storage battery (on order for the original 2kw system but then i had this idea of expanding the system and splitting it). The battery will be AC coupled through the original inverter, but could it be also connected onto the smaller one to have a feed from the additional panels (could it have a dual feed?)

I don’t know.

When I fill in my FIT meter readings, there is a check box for “any changes to system” so it must be there for a reason.
The only thing I can think of is it’s to get out of paying you… by changing something you’ve maybe broken the contract that was made when they agreed to pay you.

I just wish the FIT payment went up with what they sell electricity to us now.

Reply to Will replacement panels of same total capacity jeopardise FiT payments in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Can I add solar panels to an existing system without jeopardising my feed in tariff? I have a 3.8kw system but was thinking of adding a few more...
Replies
Views
Hi all. We have had 7x 400w solar panels for a number of years now on our roof which is se/nw facing end terrace. 4 on se side 3 on nw side...
Replies
Views
I currently have solar array and was going to purchase Shelly EM to monitor Grid in/out and solar production. So far so good. But I also plan in...
Replies
Views
Hello Is it possible for solar panel monitoring to over state the actual power generated by the system? My friend’s 6.4kW system has generated...
Replies
Views
I decided to get solar panels, the inverter instructions say one can use type AC, so the existing 14 x RCBO CU seems OK, may be a good idea to fit...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock