Discuss 17th update or 17th exam? in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

Paul.M

-
Esteemed
Supporter
Reaction score
One of the new members has got a good question regarding the 17th and could do with some advice so I'll ask it in here (mods please move to the courses forum after). He has completed his 2330 L3 but not done his 16th ed exam and his place of training is telling him all he has to do is the 17th update? I'm not too sure about this one and would like to see what people say. I believe its wrong, how can you just do an update if you haven't got the qualification your updating from? Am I rite by saying the update exam is just on the amendments? Your thoughts please.

Thats the information I was given by my JTL officer, due to the back half of all my exams having been to the 17th edition regs, such as the whole of level 3 and my AM2 and my NVQ portfolio, it makes me eligible for the update. When I rang the test centre they just wanted a copy of my level 3 2330, but I dont trust the exam centre's, always think there just after the cash.

Last edited by a moderator:

Reply to 17th update or 17th exam? in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

I hope this is the right place to post this, please redirect me if not. I've spent quite some time reading the forums, so I apologize if I've...
Replies
Views
Hello. Just a lowly homeowner here who is beginning to panic after a major house renovation regarding relocation of the main supply cable to the...
Replies
Views
So I decided to do my 18th edition after needing to renew my ecs card and they wouldn’t until I Did it. My company decided to put me on the 4 day...
Replies
Views
Hi, I’m a 31 year old mother of two- who decided on a career change in 2019. I completed NVQ level 1 and 2 in college and landed an apprentice job...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I've just been perusing the AM2/E/S threads on here. Thought you might like a bit of a review. If, like I did, you find yourself...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock