Stroma Certification Scheme 1st Stroma assessment

Discuss 1st Stroma assessment in the Certification NICEIC, NAPIT, Stroma, BECSA Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

17th edition exam and books or 18th?

Serious question
Appreciate the clarity. I have both versions, reg's and OSG. 17th is well tagged. The big blue book still need some attention.

Test circuits are lighting and sockets on a mini-CCU and TT earth. All the T&E is in plastic Kopex and glanded. SWA earthed at the far (out building) end, not the house CCU. SWA is 200mm above ground, attached to the concrete fence posts; can't see the fence being a "permanent structure".

...Tea bags are Yorkshire Gold and biscuits are choccy.

When you say Health & Safety Sheet and Risk Assessment, what do we actually need? Is it just a basic H&S sheet or an electrician specific sheet and the risk assessment, is that for the work you’re showing them or a genetic risk assessment guide?

Here are mine. I realise they don't look very professional but Stroma are happy with them. As a small sole trader the only time they come out is to show the assessor once a year.
1st  Stroma assessment H&S - EletriciansForums.net 1st  Stroma assessment RA - EletriciansForums.net

On a similar subject...

I have my Niceic Domestic installers annual assessment in two weeks time.

My problem is i have done hardly any domestic work in the last 6 months, as its been mostly commercial. Most of the domestic has been little filler jobs.

So i am struggling to find a domestic job i can take the assessor to, where the home owner will also be at the time.

Does anyone know if i can show a commercial job on a domestic installers assessment?
Im guessing no!

Im seriously concidering ditching them now i do little Domestic, but seems they have already had my £500....

Here are mine. I realise they don't look very professional but Stroma are happy with them. As a small sole trader the only time they come out is to show the assessor once a year.

Thanks happhippydad, went to the Link on your examples and if I’ve read & understood the hse.gov webpage correctly I don’t need to complete either form as I don’t employ 5 or more people, in fact it’s only Moir. But I’ll still create an editable PDF in case I’m asked for them.

The Stroma assessment is far stricter than the Elecsa assessment

Make sure your sample jobs are 100% spot on and your certificates are also prefect...

Not sure I agree here Murdoch.

I’ve been elecsa , niceic and napit in my time and they’re all embarrassing. The questions they ask are so blooming basic, a drunk monkey could pass.

It would be nice, if just once an assessor asks me something relevant but niche e.g something that’s not the norm, but could quite likely raise its head on any given job.

Examples would be:
1) Lightning Protection
2) Installation of cables outside zones (non bathroom)
3) Part M
4) Emergency Lighting
5) Non-Copper CPCs

None of the above is relatively difficult to either understand or follow; but I’m getting increasingly tired of so called “electricians” that know how to wire a socket, a light and maybe just maybe underfloor heating at a push. The basics of house bashing. Give them anything outside of this and they’re completely useless.

I’ve been elecsa , niceic and napit in my time and they’re all embarrassing. The questions they ask are so blooming basic, a drunk monkey could pass.
The basics of house bashing. Give them anything outside of this and they’re completely useless.
It's about being inquisitive I suspect. Recently I repaired a cement mixer for a landscaper. That led to "can you 'ave a look at the concrete breaker" and so on; as much for my own interest as the payment. Long may such learning opportunities continue.

By the same score, sparks who take on a job they haven't prepared for / can't handle, get paid and then call for the answer - yea right!

Good luckTim,
Mines's the 3rd of October. Brick workshop, CCU, two circuits - T&E in plastic Kopex and TT earth. IP rated light RCBO at the house end.

Clever log-in name you have Taylor :)

@Tim collins Have you had your assessment yet? How did it go?
Not yet got it in a couple of weeks
Good luckTim,
Mines's the 3rd of October. Brick workshop, CCU, two circuits - T&E in plastic Kopex and TT earth. IP rated light RCBO at the house end.

Clever log-in name you have Taylor :)
didnt realise you had yours comming up aswell, good luck to you too

Hi everyone got my 1st assessment coming up with Stroma / a governing body just wondered if anyone had any tips with regards the whole process as I’d imagine I’m feeling the same way everyone else did when they and their 1st assessment! Any tips will be appreciated

Thanks
Make a cuppa and make sure the Cheque clears and it will be no hassle at all, a breeze in the park.

Examples would be:
1) Lightning Protection
2) Installation of cables outside zones (non bathroom)
3) Part M
4) Emergency Lighting
5) Non-Copper CPCs

None of the above is relatively difficult to either understand or follow; but I’m getting increasingly tired of so called “electricians” that know how to wire a socket, a light and maybe just maybe underfloor heating at a push. The basics of house bashing. Give them anything outside of this and they’re completely useless.

Hum......... wishful thinking

But seriously ALL sparks need a general understanding of the building regs

I think the schemes focus on the wrong things .................

That was interesting! Can't comment on whatever the experience of others was in their CPS assessment but I can say an initial interview with a Stroma was "challenging". Questions ranging from VR insulated cable to the 18th and everywhere between. Every document scutinised and decision questioned. A few non-comm's to address and, hopefully, it's a positive but nothing is certain yet. SO....Are Stroma setting a standard or are the others ticking boxes?

Reply to 1st Stroma assessment in the Certification NICEIC, NAPIT, Stroma, BECSA Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock