Discuss 2356 ? in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

I

Im sparkyicus

Hi this is my first post ! I currently have 2360 part two in electrical design and installation, 2360 assignments, I failed my 2360 electrical science and principles, I am up to date with the 17th and have the 2391. So my question is without this 2360 science JIB will not recognise me and I cannot take this again :shame: so what is my way around this without having to do the 2330 or 2357 for x amount of years and will the 2356 be any benefit to me ? Hope you can help !

The 2356 closed for registrations in January this year. As you say the 2360 finished a while ago, but if you speak to the college they might let you skip a few units of one of the new courses such as the 2357.

Hi thanks for the reply after doing a bit if a google search I think I can do the 2356 via an online course where I can do it at my own pace etc.. And send the info and pictures of work via an e portfolio from what I can make out it seems to be a level 3 course if I could do this do you think it would help me to get the jib card ? Or do I need to just get back to college which would be extremely difficult as I now have a family and full time employment.

look in the right hand advertisement column there is a link to Xs training
they deliver 2356, 2357
I did mine with them
last time I soke to my assessor whi I had for mY NVQ they were still accepting new registrants after the deadline as they were still accepting people onto 2356 otherwise it will be the 2357 and they will maybe cross match what yo have and havnt not usre though about 2357 you would have to ask them or a college

there is also another provider online called Delta training
XS are about £550 +vat for the 2356 if you have lv2 and 3 otherwise it would mean doing either a half Knowledege asseemnt cost in total £780 inc vat or a full Knowledge assessment whiuch is about £900 in total
delta are slightly dearer i think
but not much
not sure what the 2357 would cost though expect double or more

yep I just spoke to a guy called Dave from XS as im signing up with them on Tuesday for the 2356 ,The guy was sound and explained the Whole process and that they are all Sparky's who will always Help you when ever you need it.

I would jump on it if I where you, as like Bruce Lee has stated you will have to pay a lot more for the 2357 as you will have to do The AM2 as well & go back to college to do a unit that brings you up to the 2357 level.

Yes. To do it via distance learning with a company like Delta you'll need to have been working in the trade for a certain amount of time. 3 years I think.

Haha this could go on forever no Im the real sparkyicus...

Just a heads up spoke to Dave from xs top guy and I will defo be going down this route he said with the quals I got I can go down for the cheapest option and get my card

Haha this could go on forever no Im the real sparkyicus...

Just a heads up spoke to Dave from xs top guy and I will defo be going down this route he said with the quals I got I can go down for the cheapest option and get my card 

Yep said the same thing to me ,But I will be paying for it Monthly @ 125p/m, Im happy that I could still do the 2356 after being out the trade for so long I would have hated having to do the AM2 & Go back & do another unit in college for the newer 2357 NVQ

This is a good way to get around it, having said that I really wish I could take my original exam the 2360 it is a shame they still can't do it as in just the written exam but hey that's my own fault for not knuckling down and been a young lad full of testosterone

Reply to 2356 ? in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net