Discuss £40 hamper to the first person who finds me this ladder! in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

HappyHippyDad

-
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
So....

I have put some feelers out for a particular ladder I am looking for but am not getting any where. So it's time for a Saturday Special Deal.

I will send a £40 hamper (wine/chocolates etc) to the first person who finds me the following ladder, meeting ALL the requirements:

1. 6 tread step ladder
2. Fibreglass.
3. Little platform on top (for screwdrivers, hammer etc).
4. Twin step (i.e you can go up both sides, both sides being the same)
5. In the UK and in stock.
6. Under £200
7. Probably better add that if someone sees this in 10 years and I still haven't got one, I may choose to decline.
8. This doesn't include @telectrix saying he'll make one for £200 :D
9. I haven't found found one in the meantime.

I do reserve the right to say 'that's not quite what I was looking for' even if it appears to meet all of the above. For example this one Welcome to Screwfix | Screwfix Website - https://www.screwflix..com/jsp/trolley/trolleyPage.jsp doesn't quite meet the requirement as both sides are not the same, whereas this one does View: https://www.amazon.com/Werner-Ladder-T6206-Stepladders-6/dp/B000BZX0RY/ref=sr_1_3?crid=1QFSKEI5XIK2Y&dchild=1&keywords=werner+twin+step+ladder&qid=1601124595&sprefix=werner+twin+%2Caps%2C1162&sr=8-3

Happy hunting :)

I think you might have to compromise... why not order one in from USA. You'll have to pay a bit more and wait a few weeks, but every other condition is met.

Does that qualify me for half a hamper ?? Just the wine ??

What about something like this - scroll down for 6 tread option.
[automerge]1601129389[/automerge]
These look like the dogs danglies, but options are 5 or 7 treads and only available in Australia.

Sorry to continually disappoint :p

Last edited:
I think you might have to compromise... why not order one in from USA. You'll have to pay a bit more and wait a few weeks, but every other condition is met.

Does that qualify me for half a hamper ?? Just the wine ??
I think you might be right Zerax. No wine for you though :D
What about something like this - scroll down for 6 tread option.
[automerge]1601129389[/automerge]
These look like the dogs danglies, but options are 5 or 7 treads and only available in Australia.

Sorry to continually disappoint :p
Has to be 6 tread. Lovely looking though.

The dewalt one looks like its double sided.
I have seen these ones. Over £200 though so no wine for you, sorry. Although if they are in stock I might just go for them as a last option. I think they've hiked up the price as they're only a £100 ladder really.
Keep the hamper and spend the extra 40 on these
[automerge]1601129987[/automerge]
Chase Double Sided Step Ladder - https://www.laddersalesdirect.co.uk/chase-double-sided-step-ladder/ not fibreglass
Close, but like you've said, not fibreglass.
How about one of these:
View: https://youtu.be/oViGvIGELIs

Available here:
See my first post. There is a link to these. They do look good but not quite it.

A lot of good efforts, but no hamper yet! :D
[automerge]1601136824[/automerge]
Keep the hamper and spend the extra 40 on these
[automerge]1601129987[/automerge]
Chase Double Sided Step Ladder - https://www.laddersalesdirect.co.uk/chase-double-sided-step-ladder/ not fibreglass
Ps.. The first link you sent are fibreglass, but the top bit sticking out makes it a bit too long for the van I think. Also, the steps on one side look smaller and I'm not sure they are designed for walking up? If they are, I wonder why they are smaller.

Last edited:
Seems that some manufacturers count the top as a 6th tread, while others don't.

Step ladders need some standards written and a regulatory body for oversight.

You will have to put the money for the hamper towards the ladder though

That's not a twin though is it Richy?
Ah. I now see on closer inspection. No it isn't even though we still climb up the wrong side sometimes.
I'd just ask one of the wholesalers to get one in for you - thats what I do with Werner ladders. I've had them from CEF, YESSS and Rexel.

You will have to put the money for the hamper towards the ladder though
Not quite what I'm looking for @Doomed . The little platform at the top needs to be one that is for hammers, screwdrivers etc. Also, the one in your link will be too long for the van.
See my first post as to the type i am looking for, i.e both sides the same. Oh yes, and it's over £200! :D

I'm a man of my word and I genuinely will send a hamper to whomever finds one meeting the criteria in the OP.
[automerge]1601207159[/automerge]

You can get them in Ireland
Now that one is close to what I'm looking for. Just doesn't have the nice tray on top with little holes for screwdrivers, hammer etc. Also, as you say, in Ireland.

Last edited:

Reply to £40 hamper to the first person who finds me this ladder! in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

Electricians Tools | Electrical Tools and Products

Thanks for visiting ElectriciansForums.net, we hope you find the Electricians Tools you're looking for. It's free to sign up to and post a question yourself to find a tool or tool supplier either local to you, or online. Our community of electricians and electrical engineers will do their best to find the best tool supplier for you.

We also have a Tiling Tools advice from the worlds largest Tiling community. And then the Plumbers Forums with Plumbers Tools Advice.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock