Discuss 467 kwh in one day!!???? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

I have only been in Texas once, about 25 years ago to Austin for a friend's wedding. Was warm and really quite nice, not as dry/hot as I thought it would be from the movies! But agree, its quite a cost to get there and back just now.
You must have been here the one day it didn't hit 105 degrees. I will say it is typically pretty dry, thank goodness.

And Austin has changed a LOT recently. Looks more like California every day.

My main question is, could there be some sort of incorrect wiring or voltage 'draw' that could cause these huge numbers?

Not really. As mentioned above by @pc1966, if energy is genuinely being consumed from the supply, it has to be going somewhere and ultimately turning into heat. Any wiring defect dissipating many kilowatts or tens of kilowatts of heat would tend to destroy itself completely within seconds or minutes. Any incorrect wiring that caused excess power to be delivered to appliances, such as 240V where there should be 120V, would rapidly kill the appliances.

So either the meter is registering energy that is not being used (possible but unlikely, and easy to confirm), or it is being consumed by legitimate appliance loads but not achieving useful results for you

Seems you're lucky not to have lost your supply altogether, with the icy conditions in Austin at present.

You should have 'loaded up the truck and moved to Beverley.....Hills, that is'

Reply to 467 kwh in one day!!???? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hello everyone In September 2023 I rented a beautiful 3 bedroom apartment, with all electric supply, no gas powered appliances. I noted down the...
Replies
Views
Hi, need some advice, I moved over from Sse in 2020 to Octpus energy. Whilst I was with SSE I was on E10 when I went over to octopus they put me...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone! Im not an electrician but just a guy looking for a possible answer before I call my electricity supplier. Every month without fail...
Replies
Views
I really hope someone can help me. Last July I got an electricity bill showing an enormous rise in my kwh consumption of about 900% from what it...
Replies
Views
Strange on this, we are wiring an extension at the moment and I would like to 3 way the (currently 2 way) landing switch to the new bedroom so...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock