• Welcome to the new forum. We're now hosted on ElectriciansForums.net rather than ElectriciansForums.co.uk - Chat about the forum upgrade by CLICKING HERE

Welcome to our Electrical Forum - We started out providing electrical advice just for the UK - But now we have specific advice for the USA too! - Register for free and share American Electrical Advice.

Discuss Acronyms in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

isitintheregs

Electrician's Arms
I dip into this forum to expand my knowledge base and sometimes for amusement but I am rapidly getting to a point where I just can't be bothered reading threads with groups of letters that mean nothing to me. Would it be possible to have a Moderator controlled Sticky post with all the recognised technical acronyms and a user controlled one with all the gibberish that is entered in order that visiting the forum could be a more enlightening experience? I'm from a forces background so am well aware that phrases with swearing in them are acronymed to make them more acceptable when written but things move on and change so can someone keep us (this old fart) up to date!

Mark_Burgess

Electrician's Arms
Just copy and paste it in that thread and ask what it means, there is no shame in that, we have all had to ask at sometime in our lives to find out what it is.

telectrix

Scouser and Proud of It
Respected Member
well, my local police force wanted a name for their new street crime drive. they first called it : Street Harrassment Initiative Team. then , realising how the acronym would look, they changed it to Fast Action Response Team.

telectrix

Scouser and Proud of It
Respected Member
it's a class 2 roman catholic. ain't earthed.

G

GT1

I work in aviation, police and military.
How many acronyms do you want.....

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Electrician Talk

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
Electrical 2 Go - Electrical Supplier and Electrical Wholesalers
Electrical Insurance
ElectriciansForums.net (formerly known as ElectriciansForums.co.uk) was setup in April 2006 to provide free electrical advice to both professional and DIY electricians. Whether seeking advice for auto electrics, trying to find electrical installation condition reports (EICR) form downloads, or whether you're here just to talk to other electricians; we've been a first-choice website for tens of thousands of sparkies for well over a decade.