Discuss advice with a bad customer in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

S

sima24

Hi, after a bit of advice. Walked out of a job the other day for the first time, now the customer is threatening to give me a bad name online.
Story is, it was a 1st fix extension, very simple 4 sockets ground floor, 4 sockets 1st floor. Customer said they were drylining so i clearly quoted (i writting) we would fix boxes direct. Turned up and her dad (the builder) shown us exactly where he wanted all sockets. All done, paid happy days (i thought). Couple of days ago got a call saying the boxes were not deep enough for plasterer?? I went round and she said they are not boarding now and just plastering so boxes needed sinking. Couldnt be bothered with hassle so said i would come back in a couple of days time and sink all boxes (free of charge may i add). Turned up got all tools in then she lost it and said 1 socket needed to be moved for rad and another moving for some reason. I made it clear i would move them as i was their and wouldnt take 5 mins, but the attitute continued. I politely told her if she didnt watch her attitude / mouth then i would be off, pointing out i was their free of charge and not one thing was down to me. She carried on so i said excuse me, packed my tools away and left. She is now threatening to try and spread a bad name for me online, anything i can do? Sorry for the long post

Local rag heads will do anything for £50.

You don't need hassel like that, you've done nothing wrong - and infact offering yourself for free to do alterations to the contract that had be drawn up is unnecessary really mate, that's there problem - alterations after a job has been quoted for and agreed come at an extra cost, no exceptions - don't let people stand all over you.

Where online would she write bad crap about you? Facebook by any chance, you can always defend yourself and post the actual contract on there to show your legit - she'll be the only one coming out of this looking like a mug. Don't worry about things like this mate, it'll all die down eventually.

tricky one that. do you go back and do the amendments FOC and bite your tongue, or do you call her bluff and potentially get a few bad words said about you.
if you do the former, good on you and I hope they don't give you too.much of a hard time.
if its the latter and they Do give you a bad review, all I can say is you were well within your rights and should anyone question you on it, you have proof you were in the right :)

Cheers, yeh I had a dodgy email from a made up email address earlier, Iv advertised a fair bit online in last 12 months and get a good amount of work from it so im jist a bit nervous of how this coukd effect me, i know how easy it could be especially on facebook. I know i can defend myself and prove iv done nothing wrong but its still tarnishing my name a bit i think. It has crossed my mind to just bite the bullet and maybe go back, then i get angry lol. I was thinking about making the first move and offering to do the adjustments aslong I get a written apology. Wlrst of it is i left my impact driver :(

Take my hat off to you mate for being so calm and professional. If she continues to be a --- then tell her you will take her to court for slander and she will probably think twice, as you said you have proof of original quote .

Take my hat off to you mate for being so calm and professional. If she continues to be a --- then tell her you will take her to court for slander and she will probably think twice, as you said you have proof of original quote .

+1

If she writes anything anywhere, then to be honest mate - you're probably in luck.

You've got a written contract, with the agreed works combined with the lies in writing from herself = a definite case for slander.

I say let her slag you off, then use the full force of the law to hit her where it hurts - she comes off looking like a mug and a proven liar, and your rep is intact.

Don't sweat over it mate untill anything happens, no point causing yourself unncessary stress, 99% of these people are all mouth anyway.

Ha, cheers guys. Yeh good idea im just going to try and wait it out, see if anything actualy comes from it. Calm on the surface but my blood is boiling!!!

If she starts then take her to the cleaners,you have slander for what she says,libel for what she writes and if she starts getting personal then you have deformation of character.just remember to get the terminology right,if you have to threaten her with it,I love it when I say something and then someone threatens me with a libel case,because it just proves they are as daft as I thought because they can,t even get the terminology right.

If you give in to her she will play on it.
I'd guess that she's a control freak and that your better off cutting your losses and completely ignoring any communications from her.
Sound like a woman with mental problems.
Had a couple like it before.
I don't think she'll do harm, if she tries then make public your experience.
An eye for an eye!

If you give in to her she will play on it.
I'd guess that she's a control freak and that your better off cutting your losses and completely ignoring any communications from her.
Sound like a woman with mental problems.
Had a couple like it before.

I don't think she'll do harm, if she tries then make public your experience.
An eye for an eye!

Are you a serial killer by any chance lol?

If she starts then take her to the cleaners,you have slander for what she says,libel for what she writes and if she starts getting personal then you have deformation of character.just remember to get the terminology right,if you have to threaten her with it,I love it when I say something and then someone threatens me with a libel case,because it just proves they are as daft as I thought because they can,t even get the terminology right.

Im sticking my hands up in the air - and saying, Cheers Phil.

Embarrasingly, you've actually taught me something - will remember that in future.

(don't supose i was the only one not knowing the definition between libel and slander when i thought i did lol)

If she starts then take her to the cleaners,you have slander for what she says,libel for what she writes and if she starts getting personal then you have deformation of character.just remember to get the terminology right,if you have to threaten her with it,I love it when I say something and then someone threatens me with a libel case..................

mmmm anything to tell .....sounds interesting?
Sounds plural as well and not singular:)

If she starts then take her to the cleaners,you have slander for what she says,libel for what she writes and if she starts getting personal then you have deformation of character.just remember to get the terminology right,if you have to threaten her with it,I love it when I say something and then someone threatens me with a libel case..................

mmmm anything to tell .....sounds interesting?
Sounds plural as well and not singular:)
lets not go there,I was a real handful back in the day,hence remembering the laws.

C'mon tiger................one story will do:)
Job wise there was one time I went to do a rewire for a family friend,in a bungalow and the loft was full of, oh never mind here's a short interesting one.one time we were out and this gorilla had my mate round the throat and wouldn't let go,anyway i was in the habit of carrying a large implement typically used in the jungle,inside my coat.I brought it down rapidly on the guys arm,turning it over at the last minute,the scream was amazing but the look on his face when he realised he still had his arm was even better.Not a cut in sight,but he had a nasty fracture.

Job wise there was one time I went to do a rewire for a family friend,in a bungalow and the loft was full of, oh never mind here's a short interesting one.one time we were out and this gorilla had my mate round the throat and wouldn't let go,anyway i was in the habit of carrying a large implement typically used in the jungle,inside my coat.I brought it down rapidly on the guys arm,turning it over at the last minute,the scream was amazing but the look on his face when he realised he still had his arm was even better.Not a cut in sight,but he had a nasty fracture.

Was this large implement something also known as your penis? haha.

Reply to advice with a bad customer in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net