Discuss Am2 - testing questions, pscc in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

S

Scotchydog

I have my am 2 comin up and its on a 3 phase board (TNC-S) my question is when doing the live tests first i would do the Ze with the high current 23A setting (Megger LT7) between each phase and removed main earth (main switch off and on supply side) then work out Zs = Ze + (R1 + R2) and use table 2D in on site guide for compliance then do i

set the megger to pscc and test between each phase and neutral, then each phase to earth (not phase to phase) (and with main earth back in place) and then which ever is the highest reading double it then write the result in the pfc at top of page(bs7671 test results)

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
the best way of doing insulation resistence test would really appreciate this as well-

apart from pulling the fuses out of 2 neon spurs (theres also one on a smoke detector but it doesnt have a switch or a neon) putting smoke detector in chock blocks putting light fitting in chocky blocks and removing live out of ring mains rcbo. rest are just mcbs and theres no rcd, also my lighting circuit (2 way and intermediate) i think its on L3 do i just flick the switches(for strappers) only between L3-n L3-e.

last i have a 3 phase motor cicuit from db to DOL starter then to motor(actually its box with prong holes in labelled motor) do i have to put the cables from db (to dol starter) in chocky block or is it ok to megger them and same with DOL starter to motor box if i megger through the prong holes do i have to put the cables from the DOL in a chock block or just megger them connected

thanks

Reply to Am2 - testing questions, pscc in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net