SuperlecDirect - ElectriciansForums.net Electrical Suppliers
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members

Discuss Am2 versus 2391 in the Electrical Courses and Electrical NVQ's area at ElectriciansForums.net

Bulk Workwear - Clothing Suppliers for the Whole Forum Network

diditrain

-
Arms
I did not do an AM2 as it is something which apprentice`s have to do. Part of their course.
The trainee`s who i know went to blackpool the day before the test and had the opportunity to ask the lecturers anything which they were unsure of. The lecturers take you through exactly what is required.

The 2391 has a really high failure rate. I crammed my head into loads of books and got some hands on experience of testing before i took the test and passed first time.

G

Guest123

Hey mate.

First of all they two totally different things.

The AM2 is a practical asesssment of your installation skill where you have 10 hours to complete an installation comprising pyro, swa, galv conduit, tray, trunking etc.

You then commision your installation and granted there is testing involved, aswell as fault finding.

The 2391 is a course purely based on ispection and testing of electrical installations and also fault finding. This course is far more in depth than the AM2 as far as the inspection and testing is concerned as it involves periodic inspection reporting and cert filling.

There is a practical assesment and a written exam.

As for which is more respected, I would say neither as they are not really comparable as they are different.

Hope this helps.:D

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
HI
thanks for responding to question as you have said they are two completely different courses

thanks
Rich:D

CK Tools :) The professionals choice when it comes to Electrical Tools

Reply to Am2 versus 2391 in the Electrical Courses and Electrical NVQ's area at ElectriciansForums.net

Test Meter - Forum Sponsors since 2007!
Top Bottom