Discuss Another EICR for your ammusment in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

kropaske

-
Arms
Reaction score
So my old client asked me to look at the eicr and quote he had done on 1 bed rented property to see if i can sort it. It looked like one of those in and out in 1hr report but the quote to put it all ok was over 2k for board change and sorting some high zs reading on sockets.
Looked at the report, only 5 circuits, should be easy enough plus i had monday off, i'll do it i said despite being area i would normally not go.
How wrong was I!

When arrived they had so much stuff you could not seen the floor nor move around as stuff was everywhere. Had brief look around: socket above sink, cooker switch with socket above hob, cracked accessories, none of those mention on eicr. Eventually i get to the CU which was hidden behind massive wardrobe and accessible through small hole in back panel. Turn out to be large 10 way+contactor+timer flush mounted type. No mcb's lid, big hole with exposed busbar again nothing mention on eicr. All feed by 16mm T&e with no separate earth/bonding conductor on PME with Zs=0.07.
Called customer said can't do it as need more people to move all furniture, dismantle beds etc and will cost a lot to sort everything.
Cover the gap in CU with some inserts, pack up and went to van.
Grab penalty ticket from the windscreen and went home.
And people say they don't like monday's...

Attachments

• eicr top job.pdf
    606.8 KB · Views: 49
Grab penalty ticket from the windscreen and went home.
And people say they don't like monday's...
I missed lunch and hurried to the next Customer, who said please please, I’ve got no lights, then I tapped the effing pot plant on Customer drive. Mumble mumble.03EC36E0-3352-43E0-B618-90CB1285C1D8.jpeg

I missed lunch and hurried to the next Customer, who said please please, I’ve got no lights, then I tapped the effing pot plant on Customer drive. Mumble mumble.View attachment 64287
customer no got lights. now you no got lights. call it a draw.

Reply to Another EICR for your ammusment in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net