Discuss Any Ideas?? Trial io +magic eye in the FreeSat, Sky, VirginMedia Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

J

jase

Hi all, I'm after some ideas, i just put in a new 13A socket and HDMI point above a mantlepiece, and put all the stuff that was in the existing tv unit in a new one, they have a sky HD box with a trial io module with RF in, RF1 and RF2.
The TV upstairs is connected via a co-ax and magic eye the co-ax from upstairs goes into RF2, however, after plugging everything back in the tv upstairs shows picture and sound from all freeview channels and sky but the remote doesn't work, the red light of the magic eye is on

why am i getting picture and sound, and the red light on, but the remote not working? everything was working before and I'm not aware that I've changed the set up other than hung the twin the living room on the wall instead of being on the TV unit

Turn the RF2 output off then back on. if still doesn't work get a piece of coax and make a temp lead up, plug eye in to RF2 and magic eye and see if it works....if it doesn't you've narrowed it down to the box or eye, if it does work then its a connector or cable problem. remake the coax ends off ....if that doesn't work coax needs replacing.

the magic eye was tucked behind the tv where it worked before, i pulled it out so it was visible, and i also did as above plugging the eye direct into the triax io box and still no joy so yes i guess the triax has packed in, typical these sort of things always happen when your doing a job like this so as to make it look like you've "done something and now it doesn't work" lol

the magic eye was tucked behind the tv where it worked before, i pulled it out so it was visible, and i also did as above plugging the eye direct into the triax io box and still no joy so yes i guess the triax has packed in, typical these sort of things always happen when your doing a job like this so as to make it look like you've "done something and now it doesn't work" lol
It isn't exposed to direct sunlight or other IR sources that maybe saturating it?

no it was all working fine, apparently, all i did was unplug everything and after i had put it all in the new TV unit plug it all back in as it was. even putting the magic eye direct into the RF2 output on the Triax doesn't work, even though the red light is on, on the magic eye. so i guess the Triax io module has packed up and the fact that i unplugged everything is coincidence

no it was all working fine, apparently, all i did was unplug everything and after i had put it all in the new TV unit plug it all back in as it was. even putting the magic eye direct into the RF2 output on the Triax doesn't work, even though the red light is on, on the magic eye. so i guess the Triax io module has packed up and the fact that i unplugged everything is coincidence
does the new conection go through a new faceplace connection, had this before where remote wouldnt work through faceplate. Its a possibility if all worked ok prior.

no, the new connection to the tv in the living room is HDMI, the co-ax to the tv in the bedroom is as it was, from RF2 on the triax up to the bedroom. everything is as it was, except the tv in the living room is now on the wall instead of on top of the tv unit

no, the new connection to the tv in the living room is HDMI, the co-ax to the tv in the bedroom is as it was, from RF2 on the triax up to the bedroom. everything is as it was, except the tv in the living room is now on the wall instead of on top of the tv unit

I had this years ago and for the life in me cannot remember what it was and how I cured it, Im sure it was a bad coax conection as it uses the coax with a voltage so even a strand shorting over could destroy the channel signal yet still show the pic and sound... it would make sense as you have disturbed things a bit.

Sorted!! Bloody hell. Went and brought a new io unit today, only when I compared the two did I realise why the old one wasn't working- one of the pins on the 10pin connector was bent thus it wasn't plugging in properly!

Reply to Any Ideas?? Trial io +magic eye in the FreeSat, Sky, VirginMedia Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock