Discuss Sky Magic Eye in the FreeSat, Sky, VirginMedia Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

R

russty

Anybody use a magic eye for there sky tv be able to help please?
Have a problem with mine working properly.
Can manage to get a picture upstairs but unable to change the channel. Thought I might have a problem with the magic eye itself as the red led does not light up, so contacted the manufacture and they suggested plugging it in the back directly to see if the led showed up - which it did, so know its not the magic eye!
Wondering if it could be the cheap plastic connecters that is supplied with them, would changing them to metal be better?
Or could it be the wrong coax cable? Used a thin coax cable but when terminating the ends, quite a few copper strands just fall apart?
Cheers

Its all been set up on the sky box as i can get a picture, just can not change the channel. Its like the magic eye dosent reconigse the signal for the led to swith on!

"Hello future Readers of this thread",

I realise that this topic is YEARS old - but I was just browsing this section of the Forum and I thought my comments about this might help someone in the future who reads this thread.

I am sure that russty / the OP did investigate / Turn On the Sky Digibox RF2 Power output via the Installer Menu as previously described - BUT for future readers of this:

The comment above about the Second TV [RF2 Input] receiving a picture and sound and the inference that this was `proof` that the RF2 power output was obviously ON is NOT correct.

When a satellite quality Co-Ax Cable is connected to the Sky Digibox RF2 Output and to a Second TV this will produce Picture and Sound on the TV - BUT if the RF2 POWER Output is NOT physically turned ON the Magic Eye / Remote Control will NOT operate as it has no power.

When I first set up my Home`s Bedroom TV connected to the Sky Digibox RF2 Output [many Years ago] I had not known about having to turn on the RF2 Power Output via the Installer Menu for the Magic Eye / Remote Control operation until I asked a Sky `Engineer`.

* Before finding out how to turn the RF2 Output Power on I had been having EXACTLY the same problem as is described in THIS thread.

I just wanted to clarify this in case future Readers thought that if there was a Picture and Sound this meant that the RF2 Output was correctly set up and then assumed a `Fault` with the Digibox RF2 Output or the the Magic Eye.

Regards,

Chris

Last edited:

Reply to Sky Magic Eye in the FreeSat, Sky, VirginMedia Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net