Discuss Anyone use a dual sim phone? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

I did for a bit.

Advantages:

You can have a sim for loads of data, and not need to increase your actual normal sim tariff. Which can sometimes cost more.
You can have one sim for work and one for private/personal use. And setup ring tones, contacts, and device-dependent even homescreens and apps for each.

Disadvantages:

You now have two numbers to try and remember. :)
Two bills which can both get out of hand if you're not monitoring whats costing you etc

I think my samsung s10+ as the option, based on the fact every time I save a number it asks if I want to save it to sim one or a few other options.
I really need to read what the other options are, one day.

I think my samsung s10+ as the option, based on the fact every time I save a number it asks if I want to save it to sim one or a few other options.
I really need to read what the other options are, one day.
I menu you can disable SIM 2 to stop that. You should also be able to stick a 64GB card in the same slot. In case you're running out of infinite space those have what with all the online options these days lol

I have a dual SIM BlackBerry.

One is my northern +44 mobile number and the other is my southern +353 mobile number.

Due to proximity to the border in my house it's possible to have either both or neither SIM roaming, or one roaming and the other not.

I use my dual sim for when i go to America.I can just switch off the English one and turn on the American one when ever I am in the States.It just saves me having to remove one sim to insert the other.Most of the year the American one is switched off.

I used one for a while, never really got on with it. Was always accidentally ringing people off the wrong number and basically ended up with two work phones.

Have you looked at VoIP? I’ve had more luck with that and it’s not much more expensive and a lot more flexible.

I used to have a dual sim Samsung... it drove me mad ! Lots of things I didn't like, but the most annoying I think was how it appeared to randomly change the 'default' SIM for voice calls... so you'd end up make a call on the SIM with huge call costs, rather than the one with free minutes on !

Been using dual sim for about 5 years. Samsung S5 initially, and now S9+. No real issues, but my S9 atm doesn’t play well with 4g and calls in Saudi, so half the time it is set to 3g. Easy to swap - when I get back to Europe it literally takes 20seconds to change the default for calls/data. The only lookout item is tha usually sim1 by default is 4g and calls, whereas sim2 will be 3g & calls.

I got tired of carrying 2 and sometimes 3 mobiles around. 1 for UK sim, one for work and one local phone for personal (usually Lenard or Zain) whatever country I was in.

I'm pondering this with 2 different networks , as I have some have dead spots in EE , that O2 covers ...
( thinking go cheap scate with GiffGaff or Tesco club card.. For O2 )
.. Some networks have a longer persistence if lightly used !

( ...I do remember being Pay as you Go .. into ........ " Cheaper " ....
............ providers being an expensive for outsiders experience )

Looked at dual sim phones many years ago, when they weren't up to much, and just stuck with having two phones.

Never really considered dual sim since then as having two phones means twice the battery life on days when the damned things ring constantly.

I'm sure the OP will be grateful for my timely input.

Looked at dual sim phones many years ago, when they weren't up to much, and just stuck with having two phones.

Never really considered dual sim since then as having two phones means twice the battery life on days when the damned things ring constantly.

I'm sure the OP will be grateful for my timely input.
No Mate one is enough for me

Up until January I used a dual sim phone. My own sim and the works sim. Samsung A40 and had no problems. Two different networks (vodafone + tesco (02)) so had coverage nearly everywhere. We got taken over in Jan and the new company won't allow their sim in another phone or another sim in theirs so I'm back to two phones. If I had the chance I would go back to dual straight away.

Reply to Anyone use a dual sim phone? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net