Discuss Armoured cable to garden shed in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Not if it’s getting boxed in.

Yes if you’re planning a joint box in the bathroom to convert cable from T&E to SWA for example.
Why would converting from T&E to SWA require RCD protection? I take it as an almost given that this cable isn't going to be sunk into the wall at any point.

Why would converting from T&E to SWA require RCD protection? I take it as an almost given that this cable isn't going to be sunk into the wall at any point.
Rcd to cover anything within a bathroom.
Not serving anything in a bathroom, but a joint would introduce a possibility of a loose connection. Was just an example.
Boxing it in takes it outside the bathroom area if it’s inaccessible..

Rcd to cover anything within a bathroom.
Not serving anything in a bathroom, but a joint would introduce a possibility of a loose connection. Was just an example.
Boxing it in takes it outside the bathroom area if it’s inaccessible..
Even an SWA running through a bathroom would need RCD protection (oh what an eyesore that would be!). Don't see why a junction box requires RCD protection for a possible loose connection, it's not there to cover off poor workmanship.

Reply to Armoured cable to garden shed in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hello All. I'm quite new to this game and gaining experience, but going well in the main. My customer wants to feed a Hob ( on island in centre...
Replies
Views
Looking for some cabling advice for my garden project. I’ve put together this diagram below, which hopefully explains what I’m trying to achieve...
Replies
Views
Hi all, we're renovating our property and looking to install a sauna (7kw), electric shower (9kw), outdoor heater (4kw), small lights (200w) and...
Replies
Views
I'll start by saying - I have absolutely no intention of doing any wiring or anything electrical myself. You get someone professional to do a...
Replies
Views
Can anyone recommend a good Cable Size calculator to use online? The old man wants me to order some 6mm 3 SWA to feed his shed that will go on...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock