Discuss Battery powered Rotating Beacon in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Was it @davesparks who worked on the Dr Who time machine room thingy-me-bob? (sorrrrry to Dr Who fans, I should know the name of that, I don't watch it though!)

That has a million flashing lights and things. He might even have some left over?

Hey @Dan

I think I will be able to share a private link to the video as festival not always requires a "single-use" screening. Not commissioned (I wish!), just a hobby

Hope I can get it done though!

I had a look a look around. The housing for 8x AA batteries only have two cables, red and black. I'm thinking to cut the beacon's car plug and see the wiring inside or buy a converter from car-female to red+black (actually used to jump start the cars)

Not sure about voltage/watts though. I'll try to get the beacon's manual

@Zerax never too safe, thanks for the warnings. I go as far as fitting a PSU in a PC so any help is appreciated

Last edited:
Connect the red wire from the battery pack to the wire that goes to the centre pin of the car dc plug. And the black wire to the other one.

Last edited:
Was it @davesparks who worked on the Dr Who time machine room thingy-me-bob? (sorrrrry to Dr Who fans, I should know the name of that, I don't watch it though!)

That has a million flashing lights and things. He might even have some left over?

I'm not guilty of that one, all my entertainment industrt work has been in theatre and live events rather than any film or TV work.

And its a TARDIS (Time And Relative Dimension In Space)

Hi everyone!

So I managed to do it, but it's rotating really slow (see video here)

It's a 8x AA to power a 12V H1 lamp.
The instruction on the beacon says I can change the internal engine belt to 24V.
If I daisy-chain the batteries packs, like 2x 8xAA, will it go faster?
Can I daisy chain 3x to feed power into it? Will the lamp blow?
(Manual says 18V to 34V for 24V fitting) Should do up to 180rpm

Reply to Battery powered Rotating Beacon in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock