Discuss Baumatic BT2740ss twin oven frustrations in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

M

mack

Hello all,

I have been working on a problem with a Baumatic BT2740ss twin oven, I have been Following manufactureres installation booklet but cant find the cause.

Symptoms:

The 8 function oven does not function at all, element does not heat up, fan and interiotr light do not function, the 5 function secondary oven works fine.

I cannot isolate the problem any helpers, please.

Are you the owner of the oven, or an electrician/service engineer called in to fix it?
Is it new or old? If old, has it been recently acquired? e.g someone just bought a house and it came with the house.
I assume you are referring to these instructions

I am asking these questions because I have had a similar fault which turned out to be the fact that the main oven was set on auto. As soon as it was put back into manual mode, it sprang into life. (one of those DOH! moments)

Otherwise, if one oven works and the other doesn't, than that points to a fault within the appliance rather than an installation issue. How to resolve that depends on who you are (hence first question above)

Last edited:
Are you the owner of the oven, or an electrician/service engineer called in to fix it?
Is it new or old? If old, has it been recently acquired? e.g someone just bought a house and it came with the house.

I am asking these questions because I have had a similar fault which turned out to be the fact that the main oven was set on auto. As soon as it was put back into manual mode, it sprang into life. (one of those DOH! moments)

Otherwise, if one oven works and the other doesn't, than that points to a fault within the appliance rather than an installation issue. How to resolve that depends on who you are (hence first question above)

Hi Ringer thanks for your reply in reponse, I am the owner, appliance has been ours since new approx 8 years, very little use of main oven, christmas, family gatherings etc.

This may sound daft but...........I recently installed a double oven, not Baumatic, but it would not play out until the clock was set!, and that wasnt in the instructions!:confused:

Cheers..........Howard

Thanks Ringer just checked and Doh! the oven WAS set om auto! Problem solved thanks again

Reply to Baumatic BT2740ss twin oven frustrations in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net