Discuss Best place for 2391 in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

J

Jack Leahy

hi all
there probably is a thread on this but im new and havent found it yet
i want to do my 2391 but im not sure the best way to go about it, i like the idea of the "crash" courses but are they any better than going to college for 10 weeks?
im doing my 17th update with tradeskills and so far iv found them to be a joke, no willingness to help when you cannot view the information which after alot of faffing about you find out its that their presentations etc are not compatable with safari but anyway if anyone has any info it would be appreciated, plus if spreading the cost of it possible with certain places id go with them

Google C&G 2391 and your city or county, it will throw up a few nearby. Then give a few a call, or post on here asking if someone knows about them etc.

Cheers.............Howard

I did mine through a local college, one evening a week for ten weeks. My first choice would have been a full weeks course, but on reflection, there is so much to get your head round I don't think I would have retained all the information I needed for the exam. It's also much cheaper through the college! Be prepared to study hard, it aint easy but then would it be worth having if it was?

I did mine through a local college, one evening a week for ten weeks. My first choice would have been a full weeks course, but on reflection, there is so much to get your head round I don't think I would have retained all the information I needed for the exam. It's also much cheaper through the college! Be prepared to study hard, it aint easy but then would it be worth having if it was?

Did it like Tony above, glad I did, you need each week for the tech stuff to percolate into the brain and feel like you at least half understand it OR you have the time to have thought about it and then ask next week.

Plus that is the way it was intended to be done (30 ?) odd years ago. Not in a flash.

AND as Tony points out it is / can be a fraction of the cost. I saw courses 400+ (and 600) for a fast one. I paid £200 for 10 weeks, it was great, and £60 for the exams. Job done. (I passed btw so maybe I was lucky)

I think the temptation can be to get it done quick, but ..... thinking about it, why ?

And that means taking another week off ( and the pay usually if self emp'd)

Night school avoids that.

So in summary I plump for night school​

when i do mine at end of this year , be through the tech. the worst thing about it i do cctv now where all you need is a fused spur

Reply to Best place for 2391 in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net