Search the forum,

Discuss Blooming heck , me fan don’t work ... in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Hmmm tasty kitchen installation - new socket cabling in safe zones?

i thought it was pretty decent by today’s new build standards , normally the fitters cut the plug tops off and use connector blocks under the plinth ...

Hmmm tasty kitchen installation - new socket cabling in safe zones?

That's the thing, he's complaining about the poor standards and stuff not to regs, and then joins his new cable to the loose socket, and completely ignores prescribed zones. So the installation is actually worse when he's done.

That's the thing, he's complaining about the poor standards and stuff not to regs, and then joins his new cable to the loose socket, and completely ignores prescribed zones. So the installation is actually worse when he's done.
That’s how things get done these days ?

it’s already rough a ---- , so adding some more rough arse stuff really doesn’t make any difference...

I’m not advcoating the method , but trying to run a feed back to board or completely rehashing the wiring to a better standard is often impractical when doing such a small job...

I like Del and appreciate his honesty, but this probably wasn't the best work to stick on Youtube. Zone issue aside, I was amazed by that fan installation and the surface boxes left under kitchen units - always thought it was kitchen fitters who left stuff like that.

Been wanting to watch though all Del's videos for some time, but never get the chance. After watching the linked video, I did find time to move on to this gem - had to admire the man's patience!

It’s what admire about Delroy over other youtuber sparks , he doesn’t pretend to know everything and shows bog standard jobs that you see every day in the real world.
some other youtubr jobs almost look staged jobs / going overboard on things just for effect.

delroy is keeping it real ...

You get to go on callouts with him - filmed by hand, faults and repairs as they happen, with customers yakking away in the background.

No "look at the free stuff I blagged this week" and no ego. Del, Tom Nagy, David Savery and LA Spark (controversial) manage to make me want to watch more, whereas the rest I can take or leave.

It’s what admire about Delroy over other youtuber sparks , he doesn’t pretend to know everything and shows bog standard jobs that you see every day in the real world.
some other youtubr jobs almost look staged jobs / going overboard on things just for effect.

delroy is keeping it real ...
Far and away my favourite as well mate, genuine real article.....you know he doesn’t really care if you watch or not! Legend! ?

You get to go on callouts with him - filmed by hand, faults and repairs as they happen, with customers yakking away in the background.

No "look at the free stuff I blagged this week" and no ego. Del, Tom Nagy, David Savery and LA Spark (controversial) manage to make me want to watch more, whereas the rest I can take or leave.
You forgot Chris mate.......

Watched quite a few now from CJR, DSS, James Beck and Nick Bundy. They all seem like decent blokes, but I never feel compelled to click on the next video - the other four I mentioned seem to draw me in.

Thing is once you have seen one domestic board change by some of those lot I lose interest , too robotic , no real character...gets boring pretty quick

Delroy and to a point Savery you get a bit of humour and a bit of story telling mixed in. I like jobs where they literally show it warts n all.
i wish we had smart video phones back in the day , I would have loved to have filmed some of the jobs we did. I worked with some real characters.
miss those days :(

Reply to Blooming heck , me fan don’t work ... in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net