Search the forum,

Discuss Can anyone do 7+7 Panel (250/245Wp) 3.5Kwp Install under 10k in North West London? in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

R

Rajeev

Hi All,

Sorry for the trouble, is there anyone out there who can do 7 South + 7 West Panel (250/245Wp) 3.5Kwp Install under £10k in North West London during November?
I hope it gives installer a £1.5k to £2.0k margin for the work and I can pay 25% cash in your client account today!

Please let me know if someone can help.
FYI - I had budgeted 10k for a 4KWp system and was getting quotes for under that figure in October . . .. but Mrs went for a new kitchen:bigcry: instead.

regards,
Rajeev

Re: Can anyone do 7+7 Panel (250/245Wp) 3.5Kwp Install under 10k in North West London

As long as it isn't daylight robbery wouldn't you be happy for any price in the current climate I mean it's not like you won't make a great return even if it cost you 11 or 12k? Not that I am offering anyway, just a comment on have you read the board and what installers are doing for customers? I don't know what job you do but I wouldn't be suggesting to you what margin you should make.

Re: Can anyone do 7+7 Panel (250/245Wp) 3.5Kwp Install under 10k in North West London

Given the looming deadline I suspect installers will be looking to maximise their margins (and why shouldn't they given Mr Barker has screwed their businesses after this date) so you'll be lucky if anyone is prepared to accommodate your wishes at the given price.

Hi Flamefix/TrickyDicky101,

I understand your comments and current situation. One of the reason I did not go for the PV before was because of all the bad karma attached with getting money payment from all the old age pensioners and people on low income feeding their pre-payment meters to pay us for the FIT Tarriff.

But then I don't want to be on the other side either and pay me well earner money as FIT tax to some multi millionaire with a large PV install as part of my energy charge.

So took me some time to decide (other than Mrs spending money on the kitchen!).
Now its a difficult decision to pay £2k more than last month for the same product which I assumed would have remained the same until April 2012.

Maybe there is someone out there who can accomodate me before end of Nov or I will have to get the install done next year (before end of March 2012) with a better concinece FIT rate where I am not robbing pensioners and people on low income to pay for my TAX free FIT payment!

thanks,
Rajeev

The levy on Energy bills is a tax on the amount of energy you use, CCL is designed to promote energy efficiency and encourage investment in energy saving equipment etc is approx £12/household/yr THis levy is also subject to VAT so no change there for government TAX on TAX

Of which less than £2 is going to FIT, of which £0.34 is VAT

The impact assessment shows that delaying the cuts to incentives until April next year, as had been anticipated by solar firms, would result in an increase in installations. But it also calculates that those extra installations would lead to an increase in average annual energy bills in 2020 of just £3.30 to £4.20, again assuming that the government's proposed energy efficiency standards are introduced for future solar installations.
Solar industry insiders said that the impact on energy bills of delaying the proposed changes until April next year would therefore range from just 10p at the lowest end of the government's estimates to £1.60 at the high end, compared to the estimated impact of the current proposals.
Taking the mid-point of the government's estimates for the two scenarios the likely increase in energy bills from delaying the proposed changes until April is 85p a year.
"The assessment shows that, if there is the political will to find a compromise, we are talking about peanuts to pay for it," said one industry source. "DECC hasn't done the modelling for it, but the assessment suggests that, if there was a sensible delay that gave firms more time to prepare, the impact on energy bills in 2020 would be around 20p to 30p a year."http://www.businessgreen.com/bg/news/2122504/delaying-cuts-feed-tariffs-cost-households-gbp1

SO government misinformation is blaming Solar PV for Rising bills when the government could cut the VAT on the Levy and kept the scheme going to April and no poor pensioners would be hard hit or are hard hit.
Yes it is disproportionate for their energy bill than a Bankers but then change the government policy on CCL and how it is applied and not applied to business or wealthier higher energy bill payers electricity bills. Why is it Poorer people pay more for electricity when they consumer less than big users.

Get you facts straight and take you sob story of a PV request to someone who cares, cheapest isn't necessarily best and neither is expensive a reflection of best, but we live in a capitalist society and prices fall and prices rise and past performance is no guarantee of future prices.

Last edited by a moderator:

I'm not an installer rather a customer who was lucky enough to have my installation completed in October. I understand your desire to get the installation completed before the FIT rate drops, I just think you will have to accept you will need to pay £££ more to achieve this. Good luck though :)

Last edited by a moderator:

Hi All,

Sorry for the trouble, is there anyone out there who can do 7 South + 7 West Panel (250/245Wp) 3.5Kwp Install under £10k in North West London during November?
I hope it gives installer a £1.5k to £2.0k margin for the work and I can pay 25% cash in your client account today!

Please let me know if someone can help.
FYI - I had budgeted 10k for a 4KWp system and was getting quotes for under that figure in October . . .. but Mrs went for a new kitchen:bigcry: instead.

regards,
Rajeev

Maybe not the most sensitive post you could have made in light of the number of businesses that will be out of work in the next 2 months. Why don't you do what we're having to do - ring everyone you can think of to get some stock, then ring again and again to see if someone might take pity on you and install for 12k.

Customers who have been siting on the fence will now suffer the consequences of a corrugated backside.:angry_smile:

Hi Guys,

Thanks for your comments and I definitely need the luck!
I just wanted to present the customer side that some of us had been undecided because of a lot of consumer web sites (don't want to name here) have been telling us that Solar PV is a poor to rich scheme and we did not want to been seen as benefit scrouger by siphoning money from poor to pay for rich.

I personally think a FIT reduction to 30p-35p would have been more appropriate for all of us and would not have caused this mad rush and impact on the Solar industry.

In my original post I assumed that MCS installer would be saving some additional money by not having to pay a sales lead company by getting the business directly.

I am sorry if I have offended anyone. I work in the private sector as well and see 10% of jobs disappear every year and we have to constantly change jobs learn new things/skills to remain in job.

regards,

Most decent companies get their work from personal recommendations not lead generators so no savings there and we're all spending twice as much time sourcing materials, which are increasing in price by the house and running round like headless chickens - hence the extra costs. Good luck with your search.

For the record, we aren't charging any more for our installs this month. The costs of materials has increased though and our new install prices reflect that.

The "robbing from the poor" nonsense is plainly ridiculous. Higher income families generally use more energy so it is, in fact, more of a tax on them. One of the positives that I take out of the rising fuel prices is that it has forced people to be more sensible with how they use their energy.

I'm dissapointed for you that your missus bought a new kitchen but that's women for you - authority without reason.

Hi BiggsSolar,

That is fair.
I agree that "rising fuel prices is that it has forced people to be more sensible with how they use their energy".

Maybe the electricity companies should have a Tiered rate and start charging more per KWhr if you use more than national average rather than it getting cheaper as you consume (waste!) more. (My current tarrif from nPower is like that).

That extra charge could have paid for the FITs!
Anyway a friend has agreed to lend £1k, so the budget is now 11k:smile5:!

regards,
For the record, we aren't charging any more for our installs this month. The costs of materials has increased though and our new install prices reflect that.

The "robbing from the poor" nonsense is plainly ridiculous. Higher income families generally use more energy so it is, in fact, more of a tax on them. One of the positives that I take out of the rising fuel prices is that it has forced people to be more sensible with how they use their energy.

I'm dissapointed for you that your missus bought a new kitchen but that's women for you - authority without reason.

Just so you're clear Rajeev - we wouldn't touch a 4kpw single roof, tiled bungalow for less than 13.5k in the North West, never mind the extra hassle of 2 roofs. I suspect you may need to dig deeper or accept that you will miss out.

I cant get kit otherwise i have 3 clients who wanted 3kw system for £11500 plus 5% but its a no go if delivery dont arrive on 21st (ive said no anyway) tried to log on to mcs web site today to register jobs (took 1hr to get on) whats it going to be like in a couple of weeks (and who will get the blame if cant log on?)

In fact, if it will ease your conscience, the whole "adding to fuel poverty" of the low income families spin is an utter lie. The Feed In Tariff is expected to add £1 to an average energy bill. When you consider that low income families will be using less electricity it is fair to say that it will be costing them less than average.

The price of a can of beer, or 4 smokes. Or a couple of copies of the Daily Star. Or a quick go on the fruity.

A year.

Reply to Can anyone do 7+7 Panel (250/245Wp) 3.5Kwp Install under 10k in North West London? in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net