Discuss can it be done cheep in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

buzzlightyear

-
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
got a call from a customer ,can you give me a quote for a RCD to be fitted ,will arrange to pop round to see what you need ,goes to the customers house ,what do you require, a RCD for that ,no ,why ,that is a old consumer unit and can not put a RCD in that looking like a smartee box with gec and wylex mcbs. ,new consumer unit ,customers says a friend tells me you can have one put in for a £100.00 pounds ,well tell you friend he can put in for £100.00 pounds is self .
and what can you do it for ,try £150.00 ,cant you do it any cheaper ,I'm now biting my lips .now the customer say I have no moiney yet .so when you get you moiney ring your friend .

got a call from a customer ,can you give me a quote for a RCD to be fitted ,will arrange to pop round to see what you need ,goes to the customers house ,what do you require, a RCD for that ,no ,why ,that is a old consumer unit and can not put a RCD in that looking like a smartee box with gec and wylex mcbs. ,new consumer unit ,customers says a friend tells me you can have one put in for a £100.00 pounds ,well tell you friend he can put in for £100.00 pounds is self .
and what can you do it for ,try £150.00 ,cant you do it any cheaper ,I'm now biting my lips .now the customer say I have no moiney yet .so when you get you moiney ring your friend .
These people make me laugh when they think nothing of spending £1000,s on new bathrooms,kitchens and their cars ,but ask for £300/400 for a consumer unit and they think your Dick Turpin!.S.

And therein lies why I can't do domestic work ! £300-£400 all in can't be a great earner by the time you've tested the existing, payed for materials and then installed and tested (never-mind any faults or other hassles on this "simple job"). I have no idea how you guys can deal with cunstomers on a daily basis. Hats of to you ! Must say I quite like the Dick Turpin/Adam Ant idea for PPE.

And therein lies why I can't do domestic work ! £300-£400 all in can't be a great earner by the time you've tested the existing, payed for materials and then installed and tested (never-mind any faults or other hassles on this "simple job"). I have no idea how you guys can deal with cunstomers on a daily basis. Hats of to you ! Must say I quite like the Dick Turpin/Adam Ant idea for PPE.
They aren't all as bad as this one!

Reply to can it be done cheep in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net