Discuss Compare fast track courses. in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

Re: What do you think makes a fully qualified electrician?

What are your thoughts on this is it not equally shocking after all it puts you legally in charge of something that could KILL
DRIVING TESTS | Fasttrack Driving
There's no tiering to driving a car though. You can either do it to a standard or you cannot.
My own view of these fast track driving courses is that they produce woefully unprepared drivers. When I did my driving lessons I learnt in all sorts of differing conditions. Come the day of my test I was ready for all the examiner and mother nature could throw at me.
Do one of these things and you could do all your learning in blazing sunshine, come the day of your test and if it's lashing down or foggy and you could easily be looking at a failure.

Re: What do you think makes a fully qualified electrician?

Yes Trev and Davesparks but the courses exist and have done for years no one has managed to stop them. As I've said before if some of the posters on this forum put the same effort into promoting their business and why you should choose them over a short course sparky I personally think it would be time well spent. Educate the public not the people going on these courses.

quote from a gas fitters fast track course :-
Unlike jobs in plumbing or in electrics where jobs are offered in the domestic and professional areas, gas engineering jobs tend to be domestic. Once you are fully trained you will feel comfortable working with oil, gas and LPG systems

I suspect the likes of 'guaranteed pass' and '24 hour' driving instruction are the reason there are so many 'bad drivers' on the road.
'Crash course' sounds about right.

Gas does have well defined areas of work, and you are only allowed to work in those areas you are qualified in.
They have strict definitions as to what is and is not domestic gas work, there is a limit to incoming supply size and also appliance power rating, plus I believe limits about pipework size/volume.

There is no such definition within the electrical trade

Driving standards have plummeted over the years I've been driving and the main difference between then and now is the number of traffic Police and their ability to act on what they see.

A mate of mine took his test on the afternoon of his 17th birthday and passed - like me he had riden a moped - so he had road awareness at the least. It took me 2 tests and many hours of instruction by a trained instructor and my old man too!

its bad really, how can anyone drive safe after only being in a car for that short amount of time.

when i started doing lessons i started in the dark on country lanes.

it wasnt till not long before my test i started to drive a different car and drive in the day

Reply to Compare fast track courses. in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net