Discuss Compromised/void warranty on panels if original connectors replaced/cut off in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

I've been told in OZ they are taking installations down think his problem over there not over here
it don't have to be a panel you cut the plug off it could be a new fridge the manufacturer says the same thing!

This concern about replaced connectors not just UK issue I am sure it’s happened in other countries as well. For your info moggy I am UK customer.
Clearly, otherwise you wouldn't have used a UK install team. What I said was you aren't a UK registrant.

I wonder how many installations of Sanyo panels will have a failure directly attributable to an installer fitted plug over the next 30 years.
None I suspect
It's not a problem, unless of course some bright spark stirs things up and makes it one

Clearly, otherwise you wouldn't have used a UK install team. What I said was you aren't a UK registrant.

We have solar system installed in UK and abroad. Connectors been replaced
on both systems . We used on both systems British installation company. Hope that's clarify some confusion.

I have imported hundreds of solar modules in my business from Kinve Solar over the past few years but as soon as I have a warranty problem with 20 of their 200W solar modules having the EVA gone yellow, and waiting for them for 3 months to get anywhere near a decision, they now have effectively washed their hands of the problem. To me, this makes a farce of the warranty offerered and third party insurance on warranty offered by some Chinese manufacturers.
Has anyone else had similiar problems with Kinve Solar?

I have imported hundreds of solar modules in my business from Kinve Solar over the past few years but as soon as I have a warranty problem with 20 of their 200W solar modules having the EVA gone yellow, and waiting for them for 3 months to get anywhere near a decision, they now have effectively washed their hands of the problem. To me, this makes a farce of the warranty offerered and third party insurance on warranty offered by some Chinese manufacturers.
nope, but that illustrates the reason we've now moved away from chinese panels entirely, as we have strong suspicions about quality control issues and whether they'll stand the warranty.

Bit nuts really given how much stock most of them are sitting on not to just replace them IMO, guess it sets a precedent or something.

It would be better to start your own thread about this. This is why we only buy panels from reputable manufacturers with a an established and lengthy trading history. Not the cheapest way of doing it, but you get what you pay for. I am sure this is likely to become a problem in this country also thanks to firms bulk shipping cheap panels direct from whoever could give them the best deal. It's just a shame that some customers have had to suffer having cheap Chinese panels rebranded to sound like something they aren't in order to increase the profits of companies who now won't be around to service the warranties.

Reply to Compromised/void warranty on panels if original connectors replaced/cut off in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock