Discuss computer design in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

M

midgetman

Is there any good and not too expensive design programs for computer to draw designs of wiring systems in a domestic situation? Anyone? Anyone?:D:D

i tried 1 but the symbols for sockets etc were all american. i know serif do something reasonably cheap.

Here's the blurb from the help section. You need to register and get an activation code.

Code:
Installation Module

The Installation module enables you to design your own installation drawings, as well as to import building plans of different formats (DWG, DXF, etc.). The conversion and adaptation of the DWG drawings is managed by the integrated SEE DWG Editor application. From within the SEE DWG Editor, you are able to crop a part of a drawing, disable different layers, etc.

Other feature highlights of this module are:

–    Creation of various viewpoints (layers) and choice of their visibility;

–    Drawing a building by means of pre-defined objects (symbols) such as: walls, doors, windows, etc.;

–    Dimensioning the drawings and plans;

–    Access to a standardized symbol library;

–    Insertion of electrical equipment (socket outlets, switches, etc.) from an available Equipment Database;

–    Modification of the pieces of equipment;

–    Creating logical connections and routing physical cables;

–    Management of the mounting of the pieces of equipment and cables;

–    Automatic generation of part lists according to the existing installation drawings;

–    Exportation of lists in MS Excel formats;

–    Editing lists under MS Excel.

Circuit Diagrams module

The Circuit Diagrams module allows you, thanks to the inculcated explorer of hierarchical (tree) structure, to compose your electrical circuits in a fast and intuitive way by simply dragging and displacing elements, and thus, automatically generate your circuit diagrams.

Other feature highlights of this module are:

–    Access to a standardized symbol library;

–    Automatic creation of connections;

–    Automatic generation of part lists according to the existing circuit diagrams;

–    Exportation of lists in MS Excel formats;

–    Editing lists under MS Excel.

Cabinet Drawing module

The Cabinet Drawing module allows you to rapidly create a proportionate layout of the electrical panel(s), and to also control the corresponding accessories.

The main feature highlights of this module are:

–    Different placement modes: automatic – according to your circuit diagrams – or manual;

–    Automatic panel calculation after using the manual placement mode;

–    Calculation of the free space.

tried it and can't find symbols . looks well complicated to me. back to the slate and chalk.

Reply to computer design in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net