Discuss Confusing & Contradictory Summary & recomendation on EICR in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
I am just wondering if experts on this forum can give the real opinion.

Overall rating given 'Unsatisfactory' by the A NAPIT Registered Electrical Engineer (EE) - Point 5. However See Has also Recommended (Point 6) that subject to remedial action taken / Further Inspected withing / by 3 years.

So What does it mean ? I spoke to another EE who 'Unsatisfacory' is effectively "Failed" BUT is certainly confusing. he suggest haveme to clarify from .

Had two FI , 6xC2 & 5xc3. One of the F1 I know is not correct. _ No denial that works need to be done and will be done.
so do I have 28 days as suggested by law if it has failed or 3 years per report.

The house is rented out to a middle aged widower who will find this difficult to understand.

Your thoughts & expert advise will be greatly appreciated.

Attachments

• age 1 EICR Dec 2020.jpg
    490.9 KB · Views: 42
To clarify, unsatisfactory, means exactly that.

By law, you have 28 days to get the repairs done to bring it up to a satisfactory condition or to start further investigation.

When the repairs have been completed and the FI items have been investigated and made good if required, you have 3 years until it needs inspecting again.

The 3 years or change of tenant part only applies if the defects marked C1, C2, and FI have been rectified hence:

'Subject to the necessary remedial action being taken'

Yes the C2 and FI items need to be resolved for a satisfactory report. You do not have to use the same Electrician to carry out the repairs and investigations. But I do recommend that an appropriately qualified person does the work so they can test and certify that it’s fixed.

Yes the C2 and FI items need to be resolved for a satisfactory report. You do not have to use the same Electrician to carry out the repairs and investigations. But I do recommend that an appropriately qualified person does the work so they can test and certify that it’s fixed.
Your have been helpful Freddo - why cant they just keep it simple for

Reply to Confusing & Contradictory Summary & recomendation on EICR in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net