Discuss Connections to vaillant eco tec pro 28 boiler! in the Central Heating Systems area at ElectriciansForums.net

hoppy

-
Reaction score
Hi,

I have a job to connect Honeywell T6360 Room Stat & a Honeywell ST9100S programmer to a Vaillant eco tec pro 28 combi boiler.
From the programmer I have taken a feed to the thermostat, as per the programmer drawing, from the stat my switch wire then goes to the RT 230V terminal on the boiler.

The plumber is not there until tomorrow, so just wanted to check my wiring before firing up.

At the boiler there are 2 terminals at the RT230V connection, which terminal do I connect to and do I need another connection from somewhere for the other terminal?

I have removed the link from the RT24 terminals!

also at, the programmer is it necessary to put a link between the incoming live and terminal 1 or is this done internally to the programmer, as on the drawing it shows a link between them, but not clear If already fitted?

Hope this is clear, Thanks

Craig

Re: Help with Vaillant Boiler Connections!

Hi Craig,
The RT24 link terminals are the live out and Sw line back from stat. so yes link does need to be removed. The room stat is wired from combi not the programmer.
Programmer does need the link live to terminal 1
Hope this helps

Not sure I follow, I thought the programmer has to give the the live to the thermostat then the switch live from the thermostat connects to the boiler. Also do u take the live to the outgoing rt terminal from the permanent live to the boiler, and is it necessary if the programmer is giving the live to thermostat ? Sorry if I am talking rubbish, have only done the odd bit of heating over the years!

thanks

switch L from programmer to stat. then s/l from stat to RT ( think that's the right hand terminal. you don't need anything to the other terminal , just your L/N/E supply from FCU.

Thanks tel that's what I read it as, do I need a link across the programmer from the perm live to terminal 1 which is marked as load input?

not sure about that on the programmer. try without link first.see if you get a live out when it calls for heat.what does the manual say?

Thanks guys yes it only needed the one connection to the rt and a link at the programmer between the perm live and terminal 1, thanks for your help!

Reply to Connections to vaillant eco tec pro 28 boiler! in the Central Heating Systems area at ElectriciansForums.net